Chapter 22

WHATS THIS?
*GASP!*
it's an update!!! That's right! I'm not dead! Still alive! Just been dealing with a very severe illness called Laziness. It's an incurable disease. *sniff*
Welp! Hope you all enjoy! See you later (who knows when) with the next update!!

Virgil's POV
Did...Did this girl just ask for my number?
I stared at her in shock. No one's ever asked for my number, so I wasn't really sure what to do here, but I did know one thing. I was NOT in the mood to deal with her.First, I get kidnapped. Then, Logan pissed me off for god knows what reason. Now, some chick is asking for my number and considering my stupid anxieties, this won't end well. Can someone just make her go away?
I turned my attention to my uncles, who had the same shocked expression as I did, along with everyone else at the table. Can you all snap out of it already?
Karen just stood there, staring at me patiently, waiting for my response.
After a few seconds of silence, Des and Remy suddenly burst out laughing their hearts out. Everyone stared at them confused and as for me, slightly uneasy. What the hell is so funny? Oh...wait. God, they wouldn't! Would they?
"You want to date Virgil, babe? How precious~." Remy chimed, venom thick in his voice and an obviously fake smile on his face. Aaaand they're doing it.
I shivered at his scary demeanor, although I was expecting it. From the corners of my eyes, I could tell Logan and the others did the exact same, aside from Des, of course. Karen on the other hand seemed to take on a similar expression as Remy.
"Oh, really? How so?" She asked in an unnecessary high pitched tone, as if that would make her more appealing. She's getting on my nerves.
I slumped back against my seat and watched as
"You're definitely the only one interested in our dear little nephew, you know." Des replied, his sarcasm so evident, even a child couldn't be able to miss it.
At this Karen seemed to almost have a dark aura, though I could just be seeing things. I sipped from my soda as I watched them, trying to distract myself from the emptiness inside me with their...whatever you call this situation.
This isn't really arguing, right? They're not physically fighting either, which is a good thing. They're just...talking? With extremely fake personalities showing to each other. I don't know what to call that...
"Oh really~? And might I know who else is interested in my dear lover there?" Karen asked, her voice even higher pitched than before. I growled in annoyance.
Who the fuck is she calling 'her lover'?
And what does she even plan to do if she's told who's interested in me. Not that I even have anyone else interested in me in the first place. It's still a wonder why she's asking for my number in the first place.
Just as I was about to say something, Logan suddenly shifted his position beside me so he was partially leaning against me. Before I could even register what was going on, he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me even closer to his side.
"Me." He answered bluntly to Karen's question.
Huh?!
I sat in shock, unable to process what's going on.
What? What? What? What?Logan likes me?!? No way! This can't be happening! Why in the hell would he like me? I looked up to see she was storming off somewhere. I must have been spacing out while they finished up with her. Logan let me go and returned to his previous position before turning to me. I quickly realized how red my face must have looked, so I immediately hid behind my bangs and hoped that my eyeshadow hid the redness as well.
"Apologies for doing that without warning, Virgil. It was just the most efficient and quickest way to get her to leave. Oh I get it. He was covering for me. Makes sense.
"Y-Yeah, I get it. Thanks, Logan." I thanked him, smiling as brightly as I could, ignoring the shattering inside of me and pushing the broken pieces down the abyss. Of course. Why would he ever like you? You're such an idiot for even thinking it.
Despite my urge to curl into a ball and cry, I pushed it all away. The new emotionless feeling. The overwhelming sadness. The pent up hatred at myself. Even my newly realized feelings for Logan. I just placed them all in the back of my mind. Turning them into ticking time bombs, left to be untouched until I would finally be alone.
Turning my gaze to everyone else, I gave them a small smile too, though there was nothing behind it. No meaning or emotion.
They seemed to notice, but luckily didn't say anything.
I sat awkwardly for the rest of their meal, seeing as I was already finished. Finally, Patton decided to break the horrible tension by asking what ride we should go on next.
"How's about we let Virgil choose?" Thomas suggested, looking up at me before he sipped the remainder of his soda. They all turned their attention to me, waiting for me to respond. Greeeat. All eyes are on me. Thanks, Thomas.
"Uhm...the Haunted Mansion?" I asked, not really sure what they would want to do. Not to mention, I had been secretly wanting to go on the ride the entire time we've been here.
However, as soon as I said that, Roman, Patton, and Thomas all squealed in delight. I resisted flinching as their screeches reached my ears, but I did let out a small groan. Logan gave me a sympathetic look, while Remy and Des were laughing to themselves. You two better not say a word.
"Let's go! Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" Thomas chanted enthusiastically, pumping his fists in the air as he said each word. I couldn't help but smile a bit. Even with me being...well me, I managed to give him at least a little happiness. That's at least one good thing that happened today.
I followed close behind as everyone stood up and started making their way to the Haunted Mansion.
Hope this day doesn't get any worse than it already has....