Chapter 77 - Toby

We were spread across the couches at Lars' house. Dylan and Lars in a heated game of Call Of Duty. I took a drink of the Mountain Dew beside me, settling into the couch as I unlocked my phone.

"My parents are outta town next weekend." Perrin told us, his arm draped around Aiden's shoulders.

He didn't have to say more for us to understand. We'd all be spending the weekend at Perrin's.

"Are girls invited or is this a bro thing?" Dylan's asked.

"Stella won't go with you." Mark chimed in. "Stop dreaming."

I laughed. Dylan would never live down having a massive crush on my sister. He could get married and have a family and we'd all still rip on him for it.

"Maybe I'm seeing someone." Dylan said quietly, giving away the fact we already knew.

"Are you?" Aiden asked.

Dylan glanced back long enough to flick Aiden off and get his character blown up.

"Damn it." He muttered.

"But really is it cool if I bring Tori? I mean it's not fair Aiden's a dude, your girlfriend automatically gets invited to bro's night." Mark said.

I shook my head, my eyes rolling.

"Who said I'm the girl?" Aiden argued.

"Perrin man, do you like it in the..."

"Shut up Mark!" Lars yelled over his last word.

"Girlfriends are invited." Perrin announced, ending the conversation as quickly as he could.

I navigated to Faith's thread in my phone, sending her a text to ask her to come. She was hanging out with Tori and I was trying not to text her a bunch even though every few minutes I got the urge to text her that I loved her. Ever since she said it to me when I surprised her with Drogo I hadn't been able to stop saying it. I loved the way she said it back, the way her face lit up when she heard it. But I also just liked saying it because it was true.

                               ————————

"What's got you so happy?" Jane asked as she waited beside me for the computer.

"Just having a good day." I said, aware I had a huge smile on my face.

It hadn't left in days.

"Bullshit." Jane called. "Isaac! Don't you think he's too happy?"

Isaac glanced up briefly, never stopping the knife he had in his hand from slicing through a cucumber. I felt my insides twist as the horrors of what might happen if he missed flooded my mind. It made me cringe slightly.

"Yeah." He muttered.

"What do you think it is?" Jane asked him.

He eyed me for a slight second before dropping his eyes back down to the knife in his hand. My body relaxed slightly. He shrugged his shoulders, done with the conversation.

"Come on tell me." She nudged me.

I finished putting in my table's order, sliding out of the way for Jane. The afternoon had a steady flow of customers, I was never without a table but I also hadn't had a full section yet.

"You'll laugh at me." I confessed.

"Scouts honor." She held up a pinky finger, her hand clad in rings.

I shook my head, laughing. Oh fuck it.

"Faith said she loved me." I told her.

I watched Jane smile as she looked up at me. She punched my arm.