Chapter 12

// I hit 500 reads and decided to update again because of it! Thank you guys so much, I actually started crying when I saw it//

I stepped outside and got undressed, tying my clothes to myself before walking back up to the house in wolf form, finding Jasper in a new change of clothes. He was in a clean pair of jeans, a button up shirt, and a blazer and I purposely had to make myself think of a different subject to avoid scarring my pack members.

Is Jasper coming over?  Sam asked.

What is it with you boys and never saying "Hi" and then you continue with your statements?  I asked.

Laela. Humor me.

Yes, Jasper is coming over. We're running so we'll be there soon.

See you in a little bit.

Can you let Paul know we're on the way? He wants to meet Jasper face-to-face. I said to him.

I'll tell him to behave. Sam replied, before disappearing from my mind completely. He had been less strict on guard since the fight, at this point only running just to give the pack something to do and to make sure none of us got into trouble.

"My wolf is gorgeous." Jasper said, smiling at me. I walked over to him playfully shoved him, not causing too much of a movement. "I'm taking that as a sign you're ready to leave?" He asked and I replied by walking over to the edge of the woods. In less than a second, he was by my side, "Lead the way."

I was gone before he finished his sentence, but I heard him behind me moments later and catching up to me. I let him catch up to me, even though I could've easily passed him, and we ran side by side until we hit the edge of the treaty line. The river that divided the Cullen's land and the Quileute's territory was an easy jump for both of us, but I realized after I had jumped, Jasper was still on the other side.

"I know I'm allowed over, but are you sure none of your pack are coming after me?" He asked. I let a growl as my reply, irritated by even the joke of something happening to him. I laid down and waited on him to jump. He jumped over and I stood back up, shaking out my fur before taking off running towards Sam and Emily's. I knew we would hit the road and, once both of us were sure we couldn't hear any cars passing, we jumped over the road.

How far away are you and your lee- Jasper? Paul asked suddenly.

A minute at the most. I replied, ignoring the slip up he almost had.

I'll let Sam and Emily know. He said, disappearing from my thoughts.

I started slowing down as we neared the forest edge, knowing I'd have to phase. Jasper stopped a little after me, keeping his back turned to me while I phased and redressed. I walked up next to him and took his hand in mine.

"I guess it's my turn to be nervous." He said, staring straight ahead at Sam and Emily's.

"You'll be fine. It's just Sam, Emily, and Paul for right now. The rest are coming later tonight." I tried reassuring him, "I know you'll be fine. Just try not to change their moods too much, they can feel it and it's not too appreciated." I looked up at him and placed my free hand on his chest, his head turned down to look at me.

"You've got a lot of faith in me."

"Of course I do. You're going to be amazing tonight and they'll love you." I told him, walking ahead a little bit and him following me. "Don't focus on trying to make them happy, just focus on being yourself." He nodded and then winced a little bit,