Chapter 24

Per Carlisle's order not to stress myself, and my own worry over something I knew was blind optimism, I was on strict orders to "take it easy". Not that anyone truly noticed my anxious state. We were all on edge as we watched Bella's transformation progress. The first day brought along no big changes, but we could all hear the difference of her heart, we could hear her breathing rapidly changing pace, and we could hear her heartbeat struggling to keep pumping. The second day brought on the inner physical changes; one of which scared the hell out of me. Alice and I were getting her dressed and I had just finished zipping it up and laying her back down when her back and ribs were healed and caused her body to appear to jump. Alice had quite the laugh at my reaction when I nearly jumped out of my skin.

Waking up on day three with Jasper next to my side caused a wide array of emotions, but the biggest one was a sense of anxiety. Today was the day Bella would be waking up, but also the day Carlisle would be able to confirm whether or not I was pregnant. I had managed to keep my thoughts hidden around Edward, forcing myself to try and recite different movies in my head or relive some of Jasper and I's more intimate moments to keep him out. As far as I knew, it had worked. He had shown me no sign it hadn't. I didn't know if Alice had seen it happen or not, but I was pretty sure she was too busy watching Bella's future to see when she would wake up to worry about mine. I had done my job on covering my tail there, too, by acting as though I knew nothing and had no choice to make. I don't know if she had seen the results of Carlisle's test, her positive attitude wasn't something unusual, especially not now while she was awaiting the wake up of her best friend.

I felt guilty not confiding in Rosalie and Leah. I felt something more than guilt at not telling Jasper, and I know that he knew, but I continued to blame my wild emotions on not being able to phase, stress, and worry over the rapid rate that Renesmee was growing at. I, just as everyone else who met her, had been won over by the gorgeous child yet she looked a couple months old in three days and already had teeth poking through.

Jasper's hand ran up and down my back,

"Good morning, Little Wolf." He spoke, kissing my forehead and pulling me closer to him.

"Morning, my sunshine." I greeted, smiling at the kiss.

"How did you sleep?" He asked me.

"Bright and vivid dreams again, but they were at least good dreams this time."

"What was it?" He questioned, looking down at me.

"A dream about our future. The two of us, married, with our families around us." I answered, heat flashing across my face.

"No anxiety over the word married?" Jasper teased, causing both of us to let out a little giggle as I shook my head.

"No, it was nice. Although the ring was hideous so I need you to do better." I joked, sitting up and straddling him, his hands resting on my hips.

"What was the ring? I need to know what to stay away from?" He asked, a smile on his face.

"It was a ring pop, green apple I think." I replied. His laughter filled the room,

"Seriously? I got down on one knee with a ring pop, and you said yes? Nice to know you're easy to shop for." He replied, a grimace on his face.

"Oh, shush. I'll be fine with whatever you pick as long as it's not edible." I told him, leaning down to kiss him. The kiss lasted a couple second before we heard Alice calling for us.

"Guys, five minutes!" She called. I moved off of Jasper and the two of us got dressed before heading to Carlisle's office. It had been cleaned up and all of the medical equipment had been moved to one corner of the room.