Addressing a Left Out Scene

I received a PM a while ago asking why I didn't include the tribe meeting in the book. The timeline I have set added up for it, and it could have easily been an added chapter in the book to show bonding between the pack members and Laela, another way to show she has truly be accepted into the Uley pack and on the reservation, and explained how Laela went from not liking Bella to willing to protect her(that's a whole other story though). There was a reason for this scene being left out.

It fuels the idea that SMeyer's blatant racism and erasure of Quileute history is okay.

I tried not restating as many of SMeyer's ideas as I could, only truly focusing on her ideas of imprinting and the idea that "cold ones" exist in Quileute culture at all and it's their duty to kill them. While it is true that Quileute origin stories include the wolf, it is not in the way SMeyer wrote in the series.

Imprinting is also NOT something included in Quileute culture, and I acknowledge my fault in including it at all as it could reinforce the idea that is. However, it obviously plays a huge part in my story, and I am in no way claiming that imprinting is a real thing. It is purely used because it was a thing used in the Twilight saga.

I am not Quileute and do not know everything about Quileute culture. The only people who truly understand the culture are the Quileute people themselves, because of how complex the culture it. I've done more research than I can even begin to fathom in order to not write something completely offensive to Native American's in general (or try my hardest not to).

I know someone will always find something wrong with everything, but SMeyer's racism and made up stories of the Quileute people is not something I will restate.

Thank you for your understanding and I hope this clarifies some of the questions you may have had.