Chapter One

This book contains cussing, suicidal thoughts, abuse, lgbtq+ love, sexual assault, assault, smut, etc. If these things trigger you, here's your warning. ;-)

Unknown's P.O.V

"Sir, are you sure about this?"

"Positive. I'm not changing my mind."

"Make sure to follow her every move, so we know where and when to start the injection."

"Yes, sir."

"The Crystal Cafe will be open for business next January. Go there every morning from then on, and see if you can find her there."

"Yes, sir."

-

Aria's P.O.V

You know, I thought life in Los Angeles was going to be a dream come true.

MAN, WAS I WRONG.

Why do things have to be so expensive in California? I'm stuck editing YouTube videos from youtubers 24/7, just so I can pay off everything I need to pay in order to survive.

At first, editing videos wasn't that bad. But, if you know absolutely anything, 24/7 means all day.

Everyday.

All the damn time.

I became tired more often.

My energy to go out to the mall with my LA friends or even go to the bank to deposit or put money into my account gradually left my body.

I spent most of my time in my room editing videos and eating tortilla chips.

Oh, and don't forget about the Mountain Dew.

I can't live without my Mountain Dew.

Anyways, you're probably telling me I need to move out.

Tried that already.

My parents have judged me my entire life. They're always disappointed in me.

Always.

Nothing I do pleases them, and if I ask to move in with them, my life would become much worse. I want to move in with one of my friends, but I don't want to become more of a nuisance then I already am.

Suddenly, my bedroom door burst open.

"ARIA GRACE SMITH!" Emma, my best friend, yelled.

"ACK!" I yelled, covering my ears in pain.

"Stop editing. What's the number one thing you can't live without?" She asked, clearly holding something behind her back.

"Dumplings?" I answered.

She revealed the object that was previously behind her back.

A bag full of uncooked dumplings.

This may not be relevant, but I was born in Taiwan and moved to America at age five.

We changed our first names and last names to English names.

Gotta admit, I sure did miss those delicious dumplings. I try to get as much as I can in America.

I got out of my chair and snatched it from her hand.

"H-hey! I get some too! I bought them." She said.

"Fine." I sighed, handing her the dumplings.

She looked at me, concerned.

"Okay, what's going on?" She asked.