Chapter Twelve

Shayne's P.O.V

Damien turned to us, his glasses were off, and his eyes were looking all over the place.

No, not Damien. I thought, keeping an arm between him and Aria.

People were scattered, hiding.

I was wandering why they didn't go for the door.

"The door's locked!" Aria whispered.

"Damien must've locked it. If anyone tries to get to it, they'll turn out like Jason."

I looked around the room. Luckily, Ian, the rest of Smosh Games, and the crew were nowhere to be found.

I saw blood coming from the back of Jason's head.

"I don't get it. He was perfectly fine five minutes ago." Aria whispered.

"Then the guy that injected him must be in the building right now." I whispered back.

Then, Damien finally noticed us, and pointed directly at me.

"Aria...run to the door, unlock it, and get everyone out of here." I said. "I'll distract Damien."

"Shayne, don't fuck with me right now! I'm not leaving you!" She said, holding onto my arm.

Damien started running towards us.

"GO!" I yelled, pushing her away.

-

Aria's P.O.V

I ran for the door.

I was terrified for Shayne, and the glass shattering noises behind scared the hell out of me.

I searched frantically for the key in my pocket. Once I found it, I unlocked the door as fast as I could.

"GO, GO, GO!" I ordered, opening the door.

Everyone ran outside, and two men carried Jason out.

I rushed behind everyone downstairs, making sure everyone was out safely.

Shayne. I thought, running back.

-

Shayne's P.O.V

Damien swung his bat at me, aiming for my head.

I ducked down, causing the bat to hit the glass window behind me, shattering it.

"SON OF A BITCH!" Damien yelled.

I went behind him, and started backing away.

"Damien, listen to me! You've been injected!" I said, holding my hands up in the air.

"DIE!" He shouted, charging at me with the bat.

I grabbed the bat before he swung, but was unable to get it out of his grasp.

He kept pushing and pushing, aiming for my head after my back slammed against the wall.

"Damien, stop!"

Once I finally got the bat from him, he punched me in the face, causing me to lose balance and tumble sideways. Then, he tackled me through the shattered glass wall.

The pain of the glass stabbing my body was excruciating.

Damien climbed on top of me, and started pummeling me.

I pushed him off, afraid of having to hurt him, and realized the bat was no longer in my hands.

He had it.

I sat up, trying to recover from the shards of glass that had entered my body, plus the hits I took, when Damien got on top of me once more. He pushed the metal bat down on my throat.

My chin was pointed up towards the ceiling, so all I could see was our reflection in the window.

He pushed harder and harder. I tried getting the bat off my neck, but Damien was surprisingly strong.

Abnormally strong.

My best friend is trying to kill me...

I gasped for air, tugging onto Damien's shirt.

After seeing Aria rushing towards us through the reflection of the window, I felt my eyelids getting heavy.

"SHAYNE!" Aria shrieked.

Just like that, everything was black.

-

Aria's P.O.V

I ran back, and saw Damien choking Shayne with the metal bat.

"SHAYNE!" I yelled.

I grabbed a heavy stapler laying on the ground behind them, and hit Damien in the back of the head twice, knocking him out.

He released his grip from the bat, and fell onto the ground.

"Holy shit, Shayne!"

Shayne was lying on the ground, cuts all over his arms and legs.

I picked up the bat from his neck, and saw the huge red marks covering his throat.

I freaked out, unsure of what to do first.

Water!

I frantically grabbed a water bottle from Noah's desk, opened it, and poured it all over Shayne's face.

He still didn't wake up.