Chapter Four

Damien's P.O.V

I sat on my couch, playing Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on my tv when Shayne finally comes home.

"Where you been, dude?" I asked, my eyes locked on the tv screen.

He didn't say anything.

I heard him walk upstairs, silent.

I paused my game and followed him.

I knocked on the door to his room.

He opened it.

Has he been crying?

"You alright, man?" I asked, concerned.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." He lied. "Why you ask?"

"Well, I asked you where you've been and you didn't answer, you just walked up to your room."

"Oh." He said. "Sorry, I must've zoned out. I'm really tired, I think I'm gonna take a nap."

He tried shutting the door but I stopped him.

"Shayne, something is definitely going on." I said.

He took a deep breath. "I broke up with Melanie."

I should've expected this. I mean, I was in the room when Aria told him to do it. But they've been dating for almost a year, so breaking up a relationship that went on for that long is hard. But I had a feeling it was more than that.

"You wanna talk?" I asked.

"Nah. I think I'm just gonna wash my face and beat you at Mario Kart." He said.

"Now, now, now, Shayne. You remember what happens when you challenge me at video games." I said in my best mom voice.

He laughed. "But I've been practicing!"

"So now you're a challenge?"

"Oh, it's on." He said, shutting the door.

I laughed and walked back downstairs.

Shayne is really good at helping others with their feelings, but I was afraid he didn't know how to talk about his own.

-

Aria's P.O.V

Before I knew it, it was Saturday.

The week went by fast, which was surprising because I couldn't get what the news reporter said out of my head the entire week.

I replayed the words in my head, trying to process it.

"27 year old Melanie Henderson assaulted an editor working at the company, Smosh. It was told she was  drunk, but according to Melanie and her doctor, Dr. Peterson, that wasn't entirely the case. According to Dr. Peterson, she was injected by something that gave her a sense of violence."

I remember not being able to hear the words coming out of the reporter's mouth after that.

I just froze.

I was really assaulted by someone that got injected.

I wandered if Shayne knew.

"Aria." A voice said, tapping me on the shoulder.

I took off my headphones and turned around in my office chair.

It was Damien.

"Yeah?"

"We start shooting for the Damien and Shayne show in less than twenty minutes, wanna head to set now?"

"Sure." I said, getting out of my chair.