Chapter Twenty-Four

[This chapter has a lot of romance in it!❤️ Not spoiling anything else...]

Damien's P.O.V

I sat outside of Mari's hospital room, waiting patiently. I buried my face in my hands, trying to convince myself that this isn't reality.

People aren't getting hurt.

Aria didn't get shot.

Mari hasn't been in an abusive relationship.

I didn't send Shayne to the hospital.

In fact, nobody was sent to the hospital.

Smosh isn't falling apart.

I uncovered my face, but I was still sitting in one of the chairs, in front of Mari's hospital room. Waiting for her to rise into consciousness.

This is reality.

After staring at the wall for what felt like forever, a loud voice echoed through the hall.

"Come on, let's hurry."

"We're losing her!"

"She stopped breathing!"

I darted my eyes up to see nurses and doctors pushing a woman in a hospital wheeled bed into the room next to Mari's.

That woman I recognized on the spot.

Ms. Smith, Aria's mother.

"Oh no..." I said to myself, pulling out my phone.

After pulling up Aria's contact, I realized I didn't need to call her.

"Aria! I—"

She buried her face in my chest, arms wrapped around me. I hugged her, feeling a sense of empathy.

"I just got her back, Damien..." Aria said, her voice muffled and shaky. "I finally felt the love from a mother."

"I know, I know." I cooed, trying my best to comfort her. "Everything will be okay. Stay positive, Aria. I know it's hard, but try your best..."

"You sound like Shayne." She said, looking up at me.

I chuckled. "That's because his advice helps me. It'll help you, too."

We sat down together. I tried clearing my mind, and helping Aria relax. A little while later, the rest of Smosh Games and the entire squad showed up, including Ian.

Shayne sat down next to me, giving me a worried look. "Are you okay?"

"Physically, yeah." I answered. "Mari is in the room in front of us, and Ms. Smith is in the room right of Mari."

Shayne hugged me for a second, making me feel slightly better with the fact that I still have my best friend at my side.

Shayne sighed. "Do you think Ms. Smith will make it?"

-

Aria's P.O.V

The one thing filling my mind and affecting my emotions, was the question, Why?

I asked for a life full of adventure. Little did I know it was going to hit me this hard.

Why me?

Why now, in the months that I've been working at Smosh?

Why are there so many secrets kept from me?

Why am I at the point where I'm not sure if I'll ever get to hear the sweet sound of my mother's voice that I was only able to hear for more than a few months?