Chapter Fourty-One (Final Chapter)

Emma x Flitz

"Amra...why are you blaming all this on me?"

"No, Jubilee. I'm not. Sorry if I made you think that way. It's just...hard. It feels like all we went through for the organization...was for nothing."

"Well, being forced to kill people isn't really supposed to benefit you that much in the end."

"Then why am I feeling this way?! Explain to me, Jubilee. Explain to me why it hurts so bad."

-

Emma's P.O.V

I sighed as I digged around in my purse for my apartment key. It's been pretty lonely without Aria. I'm glad Flitz decided to live with me until Aria gets released from the hospital.

I don't mind Flitz being my roommate at all, honestly. I love him. It's just...he lives with so much guilt. What did the organization do to him?

I'd finally found the key, then unlocked the door. Once I opened the door, I nearly dropped my purse at what I saw.

Jubilee and Flitz.

Kissing, as Flitz's hands were on Jubilee's breasts.

-

Boze's P.O.V

"Are you sure? Boze, you know if there's anything—"

"I'm sure, Mari." I said. "You were rightfully upset. Don't worry about it, okay?"

"Well, okay then." Mari said, wrapping her arms around me. "Just know that I love you."

"I love you too." I mumbled.

Once Mari let go, she looked concerned. She pointed behind me. I turned around, and saw Noah walking back and forth impatiently. He seemed deep in his thoughts.

We walked over to him. I tapped his shoulder.

He snapped out of it. "Hey, Boze. Hey, Mari."

"Hey, Noah. You alright?"

His welcoming expression faded. "No, actually. It's going to sound weird, but it's been on my mind this entire week! I feel like...like we're running out of time. I'm not sure. I know it sounds crazy, but—"

"You can't help it." I said. "I understand how you feel. Maybe it's instinct, or maybe it's paranoia. Either way, let's not ignore this feeling."

My phone started buzzing repeatedly in my pocket. Someone was calling me.

"One second. Hello?"

"Hey, Boze..."

"Emma?" Something was off. "Are you okay?"

"Can you come pick me up at my apartment? I don't want him to know I left by my car missing."

"What?! Who? What's going on?"

"...I'll explain later. Bye."

She hung up.

"What's going on?" Mari asked. "Is Emma okay?"

"I-I don't know." I answered, scared.

"Come on. We're all going to her apartment together."

-

Flitz's P.O.V

I paced around the living room, unsure of what to do.

"Flitz, listen to me. Everything will be fine."