Chapter Thirty-Eight

[WARNING: There is gore, but there isn't too much...I don't think...well, if you have a light stomach, I wouldn't recommend reading this chapter. In my opinion, I don't think it's too bad...Whatever, I just care about you guys!]

Shayne's P.O.V

Okay, maybe I wasn't thinking clearly.

Honestly, I have no excuse.

The first place I looked was downstairs, since when we were crawling through the ventilation system, we kept hearing gunshots from below.

"SHAYNE, COME BACK! YOU'LL BE KILLED!"

I didn't care. All I cared about was Aria's safety. If she was down in the place we heard gunshots, then that proves she's in danger. Well, she's already in danger based on what Jubilee told me. Why was I running after her? Why wasn't I thinking straight? My actions kept reminding me of the time I ran away from Aria's apartment to get kidnapped by the organization on purpose. Damien kept yelling at me to come back. I didn't listen.

I did it for Aria. Just like now. I'm running towards danger for her. No weapon. No protection. Just me. And I couldn't stop running. All I wanted was to see Aria's face. To see her happy. To see her smile.

Now, I understand what my actions are leading me to.

"SHAYNE, STOP!"

Jubilee had caught up with me. She extended her sword in front of my body. Any step further any my throat would be dripping with blood.

"Alright, alright...fine."

She lowered her sword, letting me breathe normally. I turned around to face her. Her expression changed into a smirk, and she handed me a handgun.

"I hope you know how to use this." She said.

I smiled, and grabbed the gun. "Let's go."

-

Aria's P.O.V

I could barely talk.

I could barely see, my vision was so blurry.

I had been wounded multiple times. My chest was covered in cuts, and someone had tried to make me collapse by hitting my right leg with a rifle multiple times. I could only use my left leg to walk.

I wasn't sure how much more I could take. My ears pierced from the screaming and gunshots, and I could constantly taste blood in my mouth. Thomas didn't look too good either. Actually, he had it worse than me. He was stabbed once, and hit by guns more times then I can imagine. But, he still fought. I really admire him.

Someone tried choking me from behind, but I turned around and knocked them out by hitting them multiple times with my gun.

"ARIA, WATCH OUT!"

I heard another gunshot from behind me. I slowly turned around, expecting to see Thomas' body.

Instead, I saw the organization's best chef. Wounded, and nearly dead.

"Veronica..." I said, bending down next to her.

She was shot in the waste. I knew there was nothing I could do to save her.

"Please...stay alive for me." She muttered.

I held her hand as she died, trying not to look too noticeable as Thomas kept taking the lives of others. The fight had gone on for a while, and I could tell Thomas was running out of bullets. So was I.

"What do we do?!" I asked Thomas, standing by his side as people kept trying to kill us with swords and guns.

"We have to activate the bomb!" Thomas answered, using his gun as defense when a guy was trying to decapitate him with a sword.