Chapter Twenty-Two

Olivia's P.O.V

I missed the old Smosh.

Our videos had the same energy, but it was what went on when the cameras stopped recording.

I had a strange obsession with reading the comments. I just really wanted to know what people thought of me, and how I could improve myself for a better image.

Overall, I was not happy about it.

I stopped being the weird one. The entire squad noticed, and kept asking me if I was okay.

I lied every single time.

I went back to the squad room after a small lunch, and opened the door to find both the squad and Smosh Games, either sitting on the couch, or in a chair, all waiting for me.

"What's...going on?" I asked, closing the door behind me.

"Olivia, this is an intervention." Shayne said.

"For...what?" I questioned, sitting down on a stool.

"You haven't been yourself." Aria said.
"Your quirky, weird, cute, lovable self."

I felt myself start to sweat. Good thing Sam wasn't there.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Our videos are missing energy, Olivia. It's missing those moments when you say something so random, that people can't help but laugh." Courtney said.

"Yeah, Courtney's right." Keith said. "Is something going on?"

"What...? No! Of course, not. I've just been a little tired, guys. There's no need for an intervention—"

"Olivia." Noah said, stopping me. "I have known you for years. I know when you're yourself, and when you're dealing with something heavy. You've definitely not been yourself."

"You don't know me." I muttered.

"Olivia...we've been suspicious for a while...and when Sam finally told us something was up..." Mari said.

"Sam?!" I exclaimed.

"Mari!" Everyone yelled, seemingly frustrated.

"She had to know at some point!" Mari said, defensively.

I got up to leave.

"Wait!" Damien yelled, stopping me.

I sat back down, slowly.

"I know it's hard, but please tell us what's going on. We're your friends, and we care about you. We want to help you...if you'll let us."

I didn't say anything. I knew he was right, but the problem was me.

It just felt silly talking about it. I let people on the internet get to me. But my friends do care about me, and I hate not being weird.

"Have you read the comments...lately?" I asked.

My voice starting shaking.

"Not really...?" Aria said.

"Well, you should." I said, getting angry. "'Olivia is high all the time.' 'Olivia has no talent.' 'Why is Sam dating a crack whore.' 'Olivia Sui just needs to kill herself.'"

Tears filled my eyes as I recollected on only the samples of terrible comments I be read.

"'Olivia will never make it anywhere in life.' 'Why did Smosh settle for a c**t like Olivia?' 'Olivia, do us a favor and stop breathing.'"

I dug my face in my hands.

I heard people get up, and felt arms being wrapped around me.

Even though I was getting someone's shirt wet with tears, they still stood there, embracing me.