Chapter Ten

Before I knew it, it was the day before Thanksgiving.

After the assault, I wasn't sure how to  process everything that happened.

Luckily, I had Shayne there, and after a week I found myself healing faster than I expected.

Ian had planned for a pre-thanksgiving dinner for the entire Smosh crew.

I wore my hair up in double french braids.

I put on a black and red plaid shirt, tying the bottom of it into a bow, and light blue faded jeans.

I put on black boots that went up to the middle of my calf.

Emma did my makeup, since I've always sucked at creating a natural look.

We drove in my car, listening to Demi Lovato's new Tell Me You Love Me album.

"'Oh tell me you love me, I need someone on days like this I do—'" I sung.

"Wow, you sound so much like her!" Emma said.

"Emma...the radio is louder than me."

"Oh." She said, her cheeks red.

I laughed. "Just kidding."

We made it to the office, and man, someone has been doing work.

There were thanksgiving decorations everywhere, including the bathrooms.

"Happy Thanksgiving!" Olivia greeted, handing us plastic top hats.

"Did you decorate all this?" Emma asked, putting the top hat on her head.

"Me, Courtney, Mari, Lasercorn, Wes, and Flitz did it!" Olivia said.

"I love it!" I said, hugging her.

"I knew you would! Also, Ian was wandering if you could fill in for Sarah today when we shoot our Every Family Gathering Ever, because she's sick."

If I had water in my mouth, I would've spit it all out the second after she told me that.

"Me, in a sketch?!"

"Yeah." Olivia said, nodding her head in excitement. "Here's the script. You'd be playing as the mom."

I read it over. "I'm in."

-

Sarah Whittle, one of the Smosh squad's producers was going to be in Every Family Gathering Ever, but since she called in sick last minute, I filled in for her.

We did table reads which lasted about an hour, and Shayne wouldn't stop making me laugh with his spoiled teenaged jock impersonation.

After that, me, Ian, and the squad went into the changing rooms to put on our costumes.

I was the last one to finish.

"You ready?" Ian asked as I left my changing room.

"I can't see shit out of these glasses!" I whined, holding on to Ian.

He laughed. "You won't be moving around that much, so it should be fine. Everyone else is on set getting ready. I'll guide you!"

He held my hand and made sure I didn't trip or run into any walls as we walked to set.

Once we got there, I could finally sit down.

I sat down next to Keith and Ian sat next to me.

I took off the glasses, and instantly laughed once I saw Keith.

"What?!" He asked.

"Your wig kind of makes you look like black Johnny Bravo."

He laughed hysterically.