Chapter Twenty

Aria's P.O.V

The days felt long until it was finally Friday.

Boze had been prepping herself all week to meet with Pam.

I didn't know why she was so worried, honestly.

Not until Boze ran up to me an hour before she had to leave, at work.

"I CAN'T DO THIS!" She yelled, hands on my shoulders.

"Okay, Boze...deep breaths." I said in my best relaxing voice.

We took a few deep breaths, then she started talking.

"Aria, if I screw this up...Ian will never be happy again!"

"Boze, I understand why you're worried, but don't think that! Someone else can't define Ian's happiness! Only he can. Not you."

"Can you please come with me?"

"Pam said nobody can—"

"I'll convince her! Please!" She begged.

"...Fine."

"YAAAAAY!" She cheered, throwing fists in the air.

Boze instantly got out her phone and started texting.

She read her text out loud. "'Hey, Pam. Are you still down to talk today? If so, can Aria come? Aria is really supportive and I think she can help.'"

Her phone buzzed.

"That was quick." I said.

"'See you in an hour.'"

-

After an hour of both me and Boze getting mentally prepared, we were off to the Crystal Cafe.

Everyone wished us good luck, even Shayne, who claimed he was feeling better ever since we woke up at Sam's house.

We used my car to drive there, and the entire time Boze was thinking of ways this could go wrong.

Once we got there, I swore Boze was going to pee herself.

"What happened to my stone cold bitch?" I asked.

Her eyes grew wide open. "I am a stone cold bitch! Just...not right now."

I laughed. "We got this, Boze. It's Pam! We've hung out with her before, remember?"

"Yeah..." She said. "Okay, I think I'm ready."

We got out of the car, and I locked the doors after we shut them in unison.

"Here we go..." I heard her mutter as we entered the cafe.

I scanned the room for a woman with black hair trimmed into a pixie cut, and dark brown eyes.

I saw her sitting at a booth in the corner, waving us to come over.

We walked over to her, and sat down.

"Hi, Pam." I greeted. "How're you doing?"

Me and Boze sat next to each other, and Pam sat on the other side, back closest to the wall.

"Did you know?" She asked.

"Know what?"

"About Ian cheating on me."

"Pam—we wanted to tell you, Ian didn't cheat on you." Boze said.

"Yes, he did. I saw it with my own eyes!" She said, her voice getting louder by each word.

"Ian and Noah were drunk. I know it's hard to believe, but Ian loves you, I know he does. At the party, all of us had way too much alcohol, and woke up not knowing anything about what happened the night before. Ian is depressed and misses you so much." I said.