Chapter Thirty-Five

Aria's P.O.V

No...

It can't be...

I have to be dreaming.

This can't be real...

I kept reminding myself to pull it together. This has to be Jason's fault. They can't be dead. I refuse to believe it. They must've gotten beaten up and knocked out. Jason wouldn't kill them.

Would he?

"Aria, you made it!"

I turned around. Speaking of the devil. Jason looked at me with those demonic eyes and evil grin. Just like my father.

"What the hell did you do?" I asked. "I did not give orders to kidnap them!"

"Oh, but I did." Jason said. "We need to make sure we can trust you. You would do anything for these guys, right? It would be a shame if..."

Jason walked over to Courtney's motionless body, and wrapped his fingers around her neck. He started choking her, making her gasp for air.

Well, at least they weren't dead...

"Promise you won't let me down, Smith. Or else, she dies." Jason said, staring directly into my eyes.

I didn't hesitate. "I already promised before, remember! I'll promise again! I WON'T LET YOU DOWN!"

I started breathing rapidly. I really missed therapy. "This isn't necessary! They don't deserve this. Let them go, Jason. Under my orders."

Jason let go of Courtney's neck. "You see, Aria...As of right now, we don't get to follow your exact orders until we know for sure that we can trust you as a leader of the organization. This is the only way to know for sure. I mean, it's your fault that these guys were dragged into your personal life."

He was right. This was the only way for them to know that I won't try exposing them again. He was right about another thing, too. It is all my fault.

"You're wrong."

Everyone's attention was directed to Shayne.

"It's not her fault. It's yours. If only you had a change of heart, then we wouldn't be in this position. Aria deserves better than you. She deserves to live a life without risking others. You're the only thing that's keeping her from that."

Jason glared at him. "Do you think I wouldn't know what my fiancé deserves? It's her job to create the new world order! It's legacy! You're just too blind to see it."

"No. You're the one that's too blind." Shayne said.

Jason kicked Shayne's head, making his head bang against the wall. Shayne was instantly knocked out.

"STOP!" I yelled. "That's enough. If you have to have them here, at least let them be in luxury and not tortured like this!"

"As long as you keep one thing in mind." Jason said, standing up.

He walked up to me, and grabbed my ass with his hands. My anger rose. I really wanted Shayne to wake up.

"You will forever be committed to this organization. Nothing can stop that. Nothing." Jason said, staring into my eyes.

I grabbed his wrists, and pushed him away from me.

"Wrong move, Smith." Jason said.

He took out a gun and pointed it at Emma's body.

Wait. EMMA?!

I nearly screamed. They kidnapped Emma, too. I shouldn't have been surprised, but Emma's my best friend.