Three.

"No way! That's not you!" Tyler said practically ripping the picture out of my hand.

I won't lie, I was a little bit drunk off the liquor he had brought in a metal flask. Not drunk enough to be stupid but enough that I wasn't nervous around him.

We were sitting on the floor in my bedroom looking at the photos Vicki and I had taken when we used to hang out. I usually kept them in a shoebox under my bed, but had pulled them out to show him.

The photo he was staring at with his mouth open wide was a photo of myself when I had let Vicki dress me and do my makeup.

"It is. Vicki used to tell me I was hiding myself so she would dress me up and do my makeup."

"She was right. Your freaking hot!"

I slapped his arm and blushed a little.

"Hey!" He laughed.

"I am not." I laughed back.

"You really are. I can't believe you used to hang out with her and I never met you. Knowing myself, I probably would have dropped her in a hot second if I saw you."

"You really were a jerk, weren't you?"

He nodded and set the picture down.

"What changed?" I asked him.

He shrugged, "Nothing. But, I can still be a bit of an ass sometimes I just try not to be."

I sifted through my shoebox of memories. "You don't seem like it."

"Well, you barely know me. Some of the things I've done would probably change your mind."

I smiled up at him. "I doubt it."

His eyes met mine with the glimmer of a smile.

"So what's your story? Other than a wild month or so with Miss Vicki Donovan."

I shrugged and grabbed his flask from the floor between us. I took a quick drink and closed it back up.

"I'm an orphan. I've moved more time than I even remember. I've never even met my real parents and even though the Bradford's adopted me, I still don't feel like thier my family."

"That's really sad. But, you know that doesn't define who you are, right?"

I shrugged again.

"I guess. Sometimes I don't even know who I am."

"Well, what do you like to do?" He asked taking the flask from me.

"I really like to read." I grin. "I know. I'm a bit of a loser."

He laughs, "Not necessarily. What do you like to read?"

"Anything really." I reach over to my desk and grab my current book from the Mercedes Thompson series. "This is from my favorite book series."

He takes the book from my hand and glances at it. His brow furrows curiously.

His eyebrows raise as he looks up at me. "Werewolves? Shapeshifters?"

I grin. "I know they aren't real or anything, I just love the whole pack mentality thing, ya know. Like having a forever family and the mate bonding. I really relate to the main character, Mercy because she was pretty much all alone before she found her mate and her pack. I know how lame I am, you don't have to look at me like that."

I groan as he stares weirdly at me.

"It's not lame. It's actually pretty adorable."

He stares intensely into my eyes and I feel heat creeping up the back of my neck. His gaze flickers to my lips for just a second, making me lick them nervously.

Leaning closer to me, my eyes flutter closed involuntarily and I feel his warm breath against my lips.

Before he makes contact, a door slams downstairs making my eyes jerk open.

"Devon? Whose truck is in the driveway?" I hear George's voice yell up the stairs.

Tyler's eyebrows arch up his forehead and he shoves his flask into his back pocket. Reaching into another pocket of his jeans, he pulls out a pack of gum and tosses me a piece.

Shoving it into my mouth, he grabs my hand and grins at me.

"Watch this." He winks and tugs me along behind him towards the hallway.

Cody pokes his head out of his bedroom door curiously and when he sees Tyler his eyes go wide.

"Devon? Where are you?" George calls again.

"Coming!" I call and follow Tyler down the stairs.

He releases my hand and my heart starts thudding in my chest. I'm going to be in so much trouble, I think to myself.

We come down the last few steps and I see the surprised expressions of George and Christine.

"That's actually my truck." Tyler says confidently. "I'm really sorry if I got Devon in trouble but I had a few questions about my history test tomorrow and she said she'd help me out."

"Oh, well, I guess that's alright, son. And, who exactly are you?" George asks Tyler.

Tyler extends his hand towards him. "Tyler Lockwood, sir. Nice to meet you."

George seems stunned as he firmly shakes Tyler's hand.

"Lockwood? As in the mayor's son?" Christine asks shockingly.

My confused face moves between my adopted parents and Tyler.

Tyler nods happily. "Yes, ma'am."

"Ooh, well, it's a pleasure young man." Christine replies eagerly.

Tyler is the mayor's son? This day just gets stranger and stranger.

"The pleasure is mine, Mr. and Mrs. Bradford." Tyler replies suavely with a wide smile. "Again, I do hope I didn't cause Devon any trouble, tonight."

"Oh, no. Not at all." Christine says happily.

"You're welcome anytime, son." George says.

Tyler looks over and smiles at me. "Well, I should be getting home. Do you mind walking me out? I have one last question for you."

With wide eyes, I nod back slowly. Smiling at George and Christine's shocked but seemingly thrilled faces, I follow Tyler out the front door.

As soon as the door is closed behind me, I turn on Tyler.

"Your the mayor's son!?" I ask, still in shock.

He just nods. " I thought you knew." He slides casually down the porch steps and down the front path to his truck.

"I've kind of been living in isolation since Vicki left, remember. I don't know anything about this town." I reply while following him.

"A self-induced isolation." He smirks over at me while he leans against the door of his truck, confidently.

That smirk sends pleasant shivers down my spine.

"So." I cross my arms in defiance. "What?" I ask when he doesn't respond. He just stares at me intently with that smirk on his face.

"That's about to change." He says cockily.

"Oh, really?" I respond with more attitude than I wanted to send.

He nods and stands up, while opening his truck door.

"You better text me later." He sits down in the drivers seat and fired up the truck. "See ya."

Before I can respond, he's gone.