Ten.

Late sunday morning I wake up and decide to stay in bed for a bit and read my book. I have been spending so much time with Tyler that I have neglected my favorite series.

Dinner with his parents had gone surprisingly well. Mr. Lockwood was definitely an ass and liked to put his son in a negative light alot. But, Mrs. Lockwood had eventually warmed up to me a bit. She wasn't my biggest fan but thankfully she supported Tyler and I. It was a pretty uneventful evening. We didn't get much alone time to our utter disappointment. I kind of wanted to talk to him about Friday night and that conversation didn't seem right to have over the phone.

I reached over on my nightstand and grabbed my book. I was still only halfway through it and couldn't wait to finish it.

Snuggling into my bed, I open the book to the page I last read.

Before I finished a chapter, there was a knock at my door.

"Come in." I called out to whoever was there.

The door opened and George poked his head inside. He had always been weird about coming into my room. I didn't know exactly why, but I was thankful for the privacy.

"Christine wanted me to ask you if you still had her debit card. She can't find it."

"Yeah, I'll bring it down in a minute." I sighed and put my book back on the nightstand.

George closed my door, and I threw my blankets off me. I climbed out of bed and pulled on a comfortable pair of Vanilla Star blue jeans with no back pockets and my oversized Good Charlotte tee.

I dug through my purse until I found the card. Then, I padded barefoot out into the hall and down the stairs.

"There you are. I thought you were going to sleep the day away." Christine said brightly from the living room.

She was sitting on the couch with a packet of papers spread out in front of her on the coffee table.

I walked over and sat next to her while handing her the card.

"Sorry. I forgot I had it." I say while pulling my knees up under my chin.

"It's alright. I was just going to pay some bills. What are your plans today?"

I shrug making my shirt slip down my arm a bit. "I don't know. Maybe just stay here. I feel like I've been out all week."

"Your friends won't miss you?" She asks as she turns her attention back to her papers.

"It's not like I have a lot of friends. Just Tyler and maybe Katie. She's cool."

"What about that other boy? The older one."

I frown at her not knowing what she's talking about. "Who?"

"Oh, what's his name? I think it starts with a d. Derek? Darren? Damien? Damon! That's it. He's such a nice boy."

"Damon?" I question her, truly puzzled now.

"Yeah, he was here yesterday, asking about your adoption papers."

"What? Why?" I have no idea who she's talking about or why anyone would be interested in my past.

She looks up from her paperwork looking just as confused as I feel. "I... I don't know."

I get up and head back to my room for my phone. Maybe Tyler knows who this Damon guy was.

☆☆☆☆☆☆

I knock on the door of Katie's house. I hadn't been able to get ahold of Tyler. I wasn't too worried. He was probably busy. But the only other person I knew was Katie and I needed to get my mind off the whole mystery of Damon and who exactly he was and why he was asking about my adoption.