Twenty Five.

"Damon, can we talk?" I ask quietly as I enter the study. He stands staring into the fire with a glass of blood in his hand.

I notice the two empty blood bags on the table as I pour myself a glass of bourbon.

It's been a quiet couple of days for me, since I'm trying to deal with the fact that Tyler left. I have avoided the topic with my friends and whenever he got brought up, I walked away. I missed him so much, but hated that he had chosen to leave instead of stay with me.

"About time. Sit."

"I'm sorry I've been avoiding you. I just..."

"Look. I had Alaric look into your past. He did some digging. The surname Devine originated somewhere in Ireland. But, arctic wolves are mostly from Canada and the north."

"Arctic wolves?" I ask and sit down in front of him.

"The white wolves." He drinks pensively from his glass. "That's about all he could find."

"That's not much to go on." I reply.

He nods and turns back to the fireplace. "There's someone about to come here, to Mystic Falls, that is very dangerous. Klaus Mikaelson. He's an original vampire and can hurt you.'

"Why?"

"He wants to break the sun and moon curse which affects all vampires and werewolves. He needs a werewolf, a vampire, a witch, a doppelganger and the moonstone to break the curse. With Tyler gone, that leaves you as the only werewolf in town. He'll want to kill you."

"So, why are you telling me this?"

"I've spoken to Carol Lockwood and arranged for a bank account to be set up for you. You will get one thousand dollars allowance a month to take care of your needs. I think you should leave town and try to find your birth family."

My eyes widen at him. "Seriously? Now?"

"Why not? Your going to be seventeen in a couple weeks. It's almost summer. You can return at the full moon every month unless you find a safe place to turn. I thought you wanted to find your biological parents."

I pause to think about what he's telling me. "I'll be all alone."

Looking up, I see him frown. "It's better than being dead."

"This seems drastic. I don't even know where to go to find anything. Who am I supposed to talk to?" I shake my head.

"I gave Alaric your phone number in case he finds anything new. One of your first group homes was near Lake Placid in upstate New York. Start there. Ask questions. Work your way back."

"Lake Placid? I don't remember that." I drink from my glass.

"If you did, I'd be shocked. You were two years old." Damon speaks sarcastically.

I smile sheepishly up at him. "How am I supposed to go anywhere? Are you taking me shopping for a car?"

He shakes his head no. I frown in disappointment until he tosses a set of keys to me. They fly so fast through the air between us, I know he used one of his vamp skills.

I'm more shocked that I caught them. I gape at my hand, then up into his smirking face.

"How did I..."

"Your a supernatural being, cupcake. It does come with some perks. I was just testing you."

"Right." I reply and look back at my hand and the keys. "What are these?"

"Your new car keys. Well, it's not a car, per say... just don't be disappointed. I was thinking about a road trip car."

"Why would I be disappointed? It's a vehicle! I'm mobile again." I reply excitedly.