Fourteen.

Bored out of my mind, I flip through channels on the television. I've been here all night and don't understand why I'm still here. Sure my arm is broken, but otherwise I'm fine. They already put my arm in a cast and sling. I have to wear it for six weeks. That'll suck, but I'll deal. I'd rather be with Tyler right now. I can't imagine what he's going through.

And, poor Caroline. I still thought she was a catty bitch, but she was pretty much dying down the hall. Matt was heartbroken. He had been in and out of my room all night to update me. He had let me use his phone to call Tyler, who had been so relieved to hear my voice, he cried. We were currently ignoring the fact that we had been fighting.

I'm also definitely sure that Tyler had heard that noise, too. That's why he wrecked the car. But, we could talk about that later.

"Knock, knock, sleeping beauty." Damon Salvatore was standing in my doorway.

"I'm not asleep." I replied sarcastically.

"You were the last time I was here." He grinned.

"I'm glad your here, actually. I have a bone to pick with you." I carefully sit up on the bed.

He raises his eyebrows. "Oh, you want me to heal your arm?"

I scoff. "No. Look, I get that Vicki was a bored accident. I won't tell anyone your a vampire, just let me have my memories. Quit compelling me and my family."

"That." He nods and purses his lips. "Sure. You've got enough to worry about anyway."

"Exactly. I need to get out of this hospital. I have to go to Tyler."

He grins again. "I can help with that, too."

"I know. That's why I said it." I roll my eyes at him and get out of bed.

He closes the distance between us and leans down to look into my eyes. "Remember everything. You don't have to see me to remember anymore."

"Thanks." I smile happily. "Now about my release..."

"On it." He turns around and leaves me to change out of my hospital gown.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

An hour later, I'm pulling into the Lockwood's driveway. There are cars everywhere. Matt had told me what to expect when I got here. People were gathering to pay thier respects to Tyler and his mom. I dressed in my nicest dress shirt and nicest blue jeans to fit in as best as I could. It had been hard to do with my arm in a cast.

I practically ran up the sidewalk when I saw Tyler on the front porch greeting people.

"Devon?" He looked relieved to see me as I came up the steps.

"Ty." I threw my arm around him and held on for dear life. "I'm so sorry about your dad."

He held me just as tight. "No, I'm sorry about last night. I don't know what happened. I could have killed you guys."

I leaned back and looked into his sad eyes. "It wasn't your fault. It was that noise. It... hurt."

He blinked at me. "You felt it, too?"

I nod.

He looks behind me and his eyes narrow a bit. "Hold on." He takes my hand and stands in front of me as if to protect me.

A black bronco pulls up and an older man with brown hair gets out. Tyler takes a few steps forward but doesn't release my hand.

The man walks towards us.

"So, the black sheep returns." Tyler says.

The man looks at me and then turns to Tyler smiling.