Eighteen.

"Are you going to the thing at the new park today?" Katie asks me over the phone.

I roll over onto my stomach on my bed. I've been lazy and laying around my room. Music plays softly from my ipod on its dock.

"I don't know. I'm meeting Tyler at the grill in a little bit. I don't know what his plan is."

"You realize that you aren't just Tyler's devoted girlfriend, your also Devon Bradford and can make your own plans." She jokes.

"Yes, I know. But, he's been hanging out with his uncle a lot lately and stuff. We haven't spent much time together."

"Maybe you were disappointing in the sack." She dies laughing at her own joke.

"Ha ha. Very funny, Katie."

"I got jokes for days. Hey, I gotta go. My dad's in town and he wants to do some stupid father daughter date. It's stupid."

"Yeah, well, at least you have a dad. George doesn't really have much to do with me. He practically ignores my existence unless Christine asks him to talk to me about something."

"He might come around." Katie replies.

"I doubt it. It's been over a year. But, have fun with your dad."

"Oh, loads I'm sure. See ya."

I hear the click as she hangs up and I close my phone. The time on the front says that I'm almost late to meet Tyler. I slip it into my pocket and climb out of bed. I'm already dressed in my black distressed jeans and a white tank top. I slip my arms into a multicolored flannel button up and grab my keys.

On the way to the grill, I get a text from Tyler but I don't check it. He's probably just wondering where I am. Walking into the grill I am pleasantly surprised to see Jeremy sitting nearby looking over at him. I'm sure what I said before about Tyler not having a problem with him is most likely the reason.

I take a seat next to Ty and say "Hey."

He looks up from his phone. "Hey, babe. Took ya long enough."

"Didn't realize there was a rush."

"There's always a rush when I miss you."

I grin at his attempt at being sweet. "Aren't you sweet."

He shrugs and returns my smile. Before we can talk anymore, Jeremy walks up and stands by our table.

"Hi, Jeremy. Did you talk to Jenna?"  I ask him.

He nods. "Yeah, I can go as long as I come straight home afterwards since it's a school night."

"Great. I'm stoked." I say excitedly. I turn to Tyler who's turned back to his phone.

I give Jeremy an encouraging look. He speaks up. "Hey, man. How have you been?"

"Since when?" Tyler replies as if he could care less.

Jeremy takes a seat with us. "I don't know. I haven't seen you much since your father's funeral and I just figured that maybe you'd wanna..."

Tyler finally looks up from his phone and cuts Jeremy off. "I'm fine, Gilbert."

Jeremy nods shortly. "Yeah, okay." He moves to get up.

I turn to Tyler and elbow him hard in the ribs.

"Ow, what?" He exclaims.

I jerk my head towards Jeremy and give him a look.

He sighs. "Wait. Hold up. I'm sorry."