Twenty Four.

A while later, I am dressed in a black band tee that I've tied up in the back to make it tighter and a pair of black vanilla star cargos with jumbo flair legs. I loved these pants because my feet were completely covered. They were so big, I could probably fit my own head inside. I was working with the small amount of clothes I had here. But, Damon had been smart enough to grab my makeup bag, and I went a little crazy with the eyeliner. I was feeling a little bit dark. Honestly, that was better than feeling depressed and mopey.

I had been listening to some pretty dark music, too. My ipod had started out playing bands like Good Charlotte and Papa Roach, to more edgy stuff like Pantera and Slipknot.

Either way, I was in a much better mood than I had started out in. Dancing around to songs about heartbreak and anger, and jumping on the bed was better than crying. I'll take it.

That's how Damon found me later that night. I was singing along to Crawling by Linkin Park and spun around to see him grinning in the doorway holding a few boxes with a takeout container on top.

I pop my earbuds out and feel my cheeks warming.

"I thought you might be hungry. Matt suggested lots of extra crispy fries."

"I'm starved. Are those my boxes?" I toss my ipod on the bed.

He nods and sets everything on the floor. "I already talked to Carol Lockwood. I told her about the break up and suggested it was better for you to stay with me for a while."

I run and hug him. "You read my mind."

"Okay. Enough of that. People might talk." He says sarcastically.

I roll my eyes and reach for the box of food. "Seriously. No one's even here."

"The walls have ears here, Devon."

I shrug and start munching on my fries.

"Since your feeling better, don't go snooping or anything. I'll give you privacy if you let me keep mine."

"Deal. So we're gonna be, like roommates?"

He frowns at me. "It's a big house, puppy. But, don't overstep your boundaries."

"Fine. Someone's in a mood."

"I told someone earlier I didn't want to adopt a puppy, but here I am." He shrugs and heads out of my room. "The rest of your boxes are downstairs."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Knock, knock." Stefan says the next morning as I finish getting ready for the day.

"I'm in here." I call.

"Morning. I thought you might want a ride somewhere."

"That would be great. Thanks. I'm almost ready." I step out of the bathroom and Stefan raises his eyebrows at me. "What?"

"Are you mourning or rebelling?" He asks.

I look down at my clothes. The same cargo Vanilla Star jumbo flairs and a revealing black lace up tank top. I grab my black leather jacket. "Maybe both. I'm not sure yet. Wait till you see my boots." I grin mischievously.

He smiles widely and shakes his head. "It's a statement for sure."

Grinning, I grab my backpack and phone off the bed. We head downstairs together.

"What are you doing today?" I ask him.

"I'm stealing Elena away for the day. A little sleepover at her family cabin."

"Ooh. Sounds romantic."

He smiles happily. "Yeah, we've all been under a lot of stress lately and she could use the break."