Prophet Yaqoob(As)

Prophet Ishaq(As) had twin sons, one was Eso and the other one was Yaqoob(As), also known as Jacob in English. Their grandfather, prophet Ibrahim(AS) saw them before his death. Their father prophet Ishaq(As) liked Yaqoob(As) more than Eso. So Eso was jealous of his twin brother. His jealousy became very stronger. When Allah(SWT) chooses him as a prophet, Eso became very jealous, he even threatened to kill his brother.

Yaqoob(As) did not feel safe to stay with his family, so he ran away from the house. When night came he found a place to rest. He took a stone and put it under his head and slept. In his dream, he saw a ladder from heaven to earth. The angels were coming and going. In the dream, Allah(SWT) promised to give him and his future generation with a land. He felt very happy when he woke up and promised to Allah(SWT) that, if he returned to his family, he would build a mosque in this place and give a donation, one-tenth of his property.

He poured oil on the stone so later he could recognize the place. Many years had passed prophet Yaqoob(As) was away from gis home. During that time he got married to two times and they were both twin sisters. His younger wife had two sons's the oldest was named Yusuf(As) also known as Joseph in English and his younger brother was Binyamin, also known as Benjamin in English. His second wife died during childbirth in Binyamin. Prophet Yusuf(As) and his mother were the most beautiful people on the earth. Allah(SWT) inspired Yaqoob(As) to return to his father and his people. Prophet Yaqoob(As) decided to go back to his father with his family. When Yaqoob(As) came close to his home, the angel s greeted him and told him that from that day his name will be Israel. Place Israel came from his name.

Then he sent his greeting to his brother Eso and requested him to meet his brother and friend. But Eso rode toward him with few hundred men. Getting that news prophet Yaqoob(As) asked help from Allah(SWT). Then Yaqoob(As) prepared a great gift for his brother. With a few hundred animals. Like the goat,  cow, etc. With Allah(SWT) blessing Eso's mind changed. He ran to Prophet Yaqoob(As) embraced him. Finally, the two brothers became a friend.