Fourty-Three

Rashad-

I have no clue what brought Amour over to me but I'm glad it did

I have no clue what brought Amour over to me but I'm glad it did. We had been sitting in this awkward silence for like a hour a half. I was just gonna have to speak first.

"Something on your mind?" I asked clearly seeing she was bothered by something

She sighed "I just want to know if everything you said was true?"

"What you mean?" I asked confused

She brushed a few strands of hair out of her face "After Noel's doctors appointment. Everything you said. Did you mean it Rashad?"

"Yes Amour. Every word man. You mean so much to me and I don't understand why-"

She cut me off "So why did you hurt me for the second time?"

I sighed "I don't know Amour. It was stupid. I was too busy trynna be the man not realizing that you are a part of what makes me the man"

"What did she have that I didn't?" She asked with low eyes

"Amour you have so much more than her. You hold so much weight in my heart. I didn't see the true value of you until I thought you were gone for good and that was hella dumb on my part" I explained to her

I put my hand on the side of her face "Amour I love you man. And I know, this is not gonna jump back where we left off and your trust isn't gonna be rebuilt over night. BUT I wanna work for it and get back where we were. Where you were my soon to be wife."

She looked up at me with those puppy dog eyes "Rashad how do I know this isn't like the last time? Tell me all these things. Apologize and do the exact same thing"

"As hard as it may sound. Baby girl you just gotta trust me"

She scoffed "I tried! I tried to trust you Rashad and you did it to me again"

"It's different now" I pleaded

"How do I know that?!" She snapped

I breathed out "You just gotta trust me Amour"

She played with her fingers "Rashad-"

She was cut off by Ty running out to us.

"Y'all come on! He's here" He said cheesing

Amour got up not even finishing her thought. We all walked to the room.

Aunt Candy was leaned over the bed "Ooooou he's just so cute"

"Like his mama" Talia said laughing

We all circled around the bed staring down at the baby.