TBS and Newt Imagines/Stories - 48

2019 Drabbles

1.

You ate a slice of the caramel cake, "Having fun, Y/N?" A voice gets your attention and a smile appears on your face upon seeing the source, "Yep. Eating and hanging out with my friends, pretty good way to end the year, right?" The man chuckles and drinks from his red cup, "Bloody agree to that." You laughed and the two of you continued chatting and drinking.

~hours before~

A brand-new year was just around the corner, a few hours to be exact. I planned to just have a small celebration with my dog and my laptop, having a Netflix marathon and no one to chill with.

My parents were out of town, having a small get together with their college friends and classmate. They offered to take me with them but I politely declined and chose to stay indoors dressed in my grey sweatpants and a black shirt that has a husky print.

This year... Its been a good one, I guess. Life's been considerate, a little bit of problems and break downs but it also shared some memorable and truly fun moments. School, well its always been a bitch hence the thousands of requirements and projects, was also bearable and quite enjoyable.

The rest of the year, well I mostly spent in eating, binge-watching, procrastinating school, overthinking even the smallest things, and still trying to fight the dragons to enjoy the wonders of life.

Titanic was playing on my TV, a classic movie that I've always watched again and again while waiting for the magical 12MN of the 1st day of the year. I rolled my eyes over the thought of it,

People prepare a lot of food around 6 or 8PM then will wait until 12MN for to finally eat it while getting eargasm from the loud fireworks outside. Why can't we just eat it at what time we want then sleep until we wake up and it's a new year!

I may sound like a party-pooper but I just find the little tradition. You giggled at the thought, "But, here I am. Watching Titanic again and again until 12MN, make some noise probably with the kitchen utensils or my awful singing voice while twirling my terrier; that was sleeping until I raise him up in my living room.

At around 9PM, my phone rang causing me to pause Titanic and stop the tears from eyes to falling on the floor.

Hello? You asked greeted by a loud music and screaming on the other line.

Y/N!! Happy New Year!! Jenni, your best friend, greeted and giggled.

Wait, are you in a party? You asked while sighing, She better not get drunk... Or else.

Giggles were only her reply, a clear sign of being drunk and the occasional hiccups, Yeaaaa! Marvin invited me and he was wondering if you could also come! I told him your parents would allow you so here I am now calling you. So, come here!!! Wooooooooo!

You rolled your eyes at her noise, Fine. I'll just put on some decent clothes.

Jenni giggles, Don't bother! Thomas Sangster is here! Start the new year wit—

See you, Jen. You hung up, cutting off her statement that would just surely make your face light up like a Christmas tree. Turning off the telly, you got up and changed your clothes while your dog gets on your plush couch and continued its sleep there.

Loud music greeted you, who was a few centimeters away from the front door. Knocking on the door three times, "Y/N!!!" Jenni greets together with your mutual friend Penny who grinned at you.