Chapter 1: Thank You

This is it, my second chance.

When I open my eyes, it was the usual morning I had in my past life. Or I would say, Annelestia's life. I woke up in a familiar blue coloured room with tons of plushie around me. I never knew that I was obsessed with stuffed animals before this.

I turned my head to look at the reflection of my self on the mirror. Slowly, I stepped down from my bed before walked toward it.

This is Annelestia Carnation De Diamax, 10 years old. Already 2 years since she got engaged with the crown prince. I've still got time to change my fate.

This time, I will find happiness to the fullest. I will search for happiness in every small thing I had and enjoy my life. This time, I know nothing can stop me. Even there is, I will stop them from interrupting me enjoying my new life. I smiled at the reflection of myself in the mirror.

"Hello dear self, this is your new life, you are given chance to reborn again so you need to smile more," I said to myself as I peered the reflection. The soft silver-coloured hair flowed gracefully as it reached my shoulder while my blue eyes as clear as crystal twinkling in delight.

Why I never appreciate this beauty before this? This beauty is better than my old plain black hair and brown eyes in my past life. Whatever, I going to enjoy my new appearance~

So, I am ready to face my new joyful life!

The so happy life I thought was suddenly shattered when I have to face all those boring classes.

"One two three, one two- MISS ANNELESTIA!" Mrs Rupert kept on yelling at me to keep making mistakes all the time.

"Miss Annelestia, you're really not yourself today. You keep on making mistake while dancing"

"Sorry, Mrs Rupert," I said while hung my head low.

"Miss Annelestia!" Her voice suddenly rose up, made me flinch in shock. "Did your etiquette teacher ever teach you how to apologize?"

"Yes. Sorry, isn't?" I looked at her, confused.

"In the right way"

"Oh..." I said. "My apologize, Mrs Rupert" I tried curtsied as graceful as I can although it was not right enough to make Mrs Rupert satisfied.

"Alright, you may go"

"Thank you, Mrs Rupert"

Shot, after this I have the etiquette lesson. Come back here suddenly made me forgot the manner and rules on becoming a lady. I sighed as I knew I will face a tiring training after this.

Being a lady is really tiring. And I hate it. How did I manage all those tortures as Annelestia?

As I sat with my family in the dining room, father suddenly called out my name.

"Annelestia, your way of eating was wrong. Where is your elegance?"

"I'm sorry, father," I said quietly. Why so strict? (╥_╥)

"Annelestia," said mother gently as she tucked a strand of my silver hair behind my ear. "What happened, dear? You're not yourself today"

"I just... Had a nightmare" I lied because when I knew I can't say that there's really nothing. But a little lie wouldn't hurt.

"I dreamed that I fall into an abyss and chased by..."

"By?" Mother, father and little brother become curious.

"Cockroach"

"Pfft" All of them burst into laughter at my silly dream. Yeah, really a lie of a little kid.

"Annelestia, I never knew that there's something could make you scared" commented father, still laughing.

"Aren't you too old to be afraid of a cockroach?" Said mother with a slight of giggling.

"But it was not just cockroach. I dreamt a BIG ANGRY Mrs Josephine tried to eat me. Luckily I ran toward father"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" that laughter became even louder when the name of my strict etiquette teacher being mentioned. I know they knew I am scared of her, so do my little brother.

"Dear, remember, there's nothing could harm you," said father lovingly. "And Mrs Josephine is actually is a nice person"

"No" my brother, Felixion said.

"Felix, if she's not scary enough, you wouldn't learn etiquette more seriously"

"But, I already became gentleman enough! I don't need a strict lesson like girls! I'm a good swordsman!"

"Boy, that little technique of yours doesn't help you much"

"Dad! I remember I defeated you before this, right? That's mean I'm better than you"

"I was playing around with you"

The argue between the father and son made mother started to giggle.

I could feel something warm grow in my chest as I feel the family's love here. Why I never appreciate this before? Why I never realise how loved I was?

"Annelestia!" Said mother and father in unison, suddenly called out my name. What happens?

Huh? Tears? More tears started to trickle from my eyes as a mix of feelings started to form.

More tears come to flow as I began to wail like a baby just born, making my family panic. They quickly ran toward me as they tried to console me. But nothing could stop my cry.

I relieve, I feel happy, I feel alive. I cried in their embrace as I appreciate every single moment while letting all my feelings out.

I'm so happy. I miss them.

Whoever gave me this second chance to meet them again and feel their love, thank you.