Chapter 20: Scolding from a Loving Father

It may cross my thought, but I never really expect that the ice bird was classified as phoenix before.

This book tells the folk-tales about phoenix from all over the continent. It's believed that phoenix is a mighty bird, rise from the hell. Some also believed that it was one of the greatest and rare magical beasts. And there's also a believing that phoenix is actually a soul of people who about to reincarnate.

The problem here is, there are too many tales and the stories have been clashing to each other, making it hard to believe which one is true.

For example, this one said that the ice bird has nothing to do with phoenix while the other one said ice bird is actually an ice phoenix. Oh! This one said that ice bird born from phoenix ashes while on the further chapter, they said ice phoenix is the ascendant of fire phoenix. Which one should I believe!?

"*yawn* Ice bird is the leader of phoenix?" I mumbled in disbelief as I yawned, while not realising that my eyes are almost closed due to sleepiness.

As Feng Ji Ann, I have insomnia. I don't sleep at night nor had enough sleep. One or two hours a day seems a sufficient rest to me.

Now, I've been bringing this habit to this body. I need to have at least 6 hours of sleep, but I just couldn't stop staying up late at night like the usual I did before.

And the next morning, it wouldn't be easy for me to wake up. For example, today.

"Big sis!" Said a voice, loud enough to ring through my ears. My eyes flutter open, welcoming the bright light shone through the window of the library. Ah, I slept at the table last night surrounded by piles of books.

I turned to look at Felix who had his arms crossed over his chest. "Good morning" I moaned in sleepiness.

"It's close to noon" answered Felix without replying to my greeting.

"Really?" I raised my head from the table and rub my eyes. "What are you doing here?" I ask, knowing how lazy he can be when it comes to studying.

"Father asked me to search for you. The librarian said that you're in the library"

"Congrats, you've found me! Now feel free to leave me alone" Argh, I want to continue my sleep!

"Do you know father wants to meet you?"

When he mentions 'father' or should I say the Duke Diamax asking for my presence, my closed eyelids immediately wide open before I looked at Felix in shock.

"When?"

"You guess?"

Quickly, my mind was no longer foggy, instead, it was fully sober as I stood up from my seat. Shot, papa is really scary when he wants to meet you.

"I'll go" as fast as lighting, I run toward the hallway, no caring when I tripped while in the middle of the way.

Before entering his office, I made sure to knock on the silver-framed door three times.

"Come in"

Slowly, I opened the wooden door and saw a man with dark hair and icy blue eyes were working on piles of documents on his big wooden table. Sure enough, it would take a long time to finish all of those.

"You called me, father?" I asked as politely and as gracefully as I can be.

"It's very ladylike of you to wake up on noon"