Chapter 11: Spar

After I left the weapon shop, Rina scolded me for making her panic and worry. I laughed at her flustered condition as her face turned red when she's angry. So cute.

We went to the town and venture more shops until we found a place to rest for a while.

"I recommend you Laurent Pâtisserie, young miss. They sells the best pastries in this town" said Rina excitedly as she point the pastel-colored store. She looks like a small child with her orange coloured eyes twinkling.

Just like Felix, she love sweets. She probably curious how does the expensive pastry from the best pâtisserie taste like.

"I don't like sweet food, Rina" I said with a small smile. Hearing my words her smile disappear, replaced with a confusion look on her face.

"Young miss? I thought you have a sweet tooth?"

I gulped. I shouldn't said that. I stop liking sweets after I lost my sweet taste bud in my former life as Ji Ann. My habit haven't change since then.

"Let's go!" I changed topic as I suddenly walked to the store.

Entering the store, Rina offered herself to order the pastries. I about to take a seat but suddenly noticed two familiar faces. Sky and his sister, Sonia were enjoying cakes and tarts on a nearby seat.

I pretend that I don't see them while walking to an empty table and take a seat. I could feel their eyes on me.

"Young miss," at last, Rina arrived with a tray of brioche and a few cakes. "Did you see that two person who sit there? They keep staring at you"

"They probably know me" I said as I took the brioche.

While eating the brioche, Rina keep standing beside me. Remembering how excited she's just now, I looked at her. "Don't you want to eat?"

"Please enjoy it yourself, young miss. I already bought mine and will enjoy it later" she said politely.

"Eat these cakes. I told you I don't like sweet food"

"But-" she about to continue but I quickly cut her.

"It's fine. It will go to waste if I don't finish it"

Smile appear on her face as she took a seat in front of me before she took the strawberry cake first. "If you wish so, thank you young miss"

While eating and talking about silly things, suddenly someone approach us. Clearing his throat to ask for our attention, I looked at the person and my mood quickly ruined. It's the black knight, Sky. Judging from his manner, he probably know who I am.

"Good day. I... Er... You know, I am the boy from the weapon shop earlier. Urm..." He trailed off, probably trying to find the perfect words for what he wanted to say. "I want to apologise for my words before. I'm sorry" while saying those sincere words, he looked down on the floor as if it's the most interesting thing that time, just to avoid eye contact.

It seemed like he was offended by my words earlier. Am I being too hard on him? Wait, I was just stating fact, it's not like I have any mean intention, right?

"Do you know who I am?" I asked. He shook his head. I think for a while, whichever I should forgive him or not. Maybe ask him to do something?

But, dragging this problem longer will be troublesome.

"Then I accept your apology. Forgive me for my rudeness of not introducing myself" I stood up before curtised. "I am Annelestia Carnation De Diamax, daughter of Duke Diamax"

"You!" He suddenly raised his voice in surprise. "No wonder I feel I've seen you before"

He had a surprised look on his face before that expression suddenly turned into a grin.