Chapter 25: Probably Last Spar

Chamomile tea accompanied with brioche for me while mother had earl grey tea and custard tart for her. We seldom spend time drinking tea with each other but when we do, it's the most relaxing thing ever.

"Look sweetie, it's snowing," said mother as she gestured me to look over the window. Just like she said, the white small snowflake was scattering everywhere outside.

It's almost the end of the year. When thinking about it, it has already been months I relive my life as Annelestia. I adjusted quickly and doesn't even realise how many times flies.

Maybe because I was the former Annelestia that I become familiar with the environment here?

In a few weeks, I will be unofficially 11. And with that, I'm sure that more responsibility will be given to me.

Same goes to Bryan, he becomes a lot busier right now, probably busier than me. He no longer has time to spend with us and was always piled with his works. I wonder if the royal family actually forgotten that he is still a child.

After Marquess Cailon dispatched his troops to the war, Sky was no longer needed to be around in his house. Opposite to Bryan, he's awfully free and has a lot of times in his hand. Shouldn't he start studying or have class as a noble?

"It's been a year," said mother before she turned to look at me. "And you changed a lot"

My eyes that were looking at the snow moved to look at her.

"What changed?"

"You've grown matured. More mature than you are supposed to be," she said before her rosy lips curled to form a small smile. "Sometimes I wonder if the Ann in front of me is really my daughter"

Her words quite surprise me, but I don't feel scared nor panic, because

"I am your daughter," I said confidently, feeling proud because the gentlewoman in front of me is my mother. She smiled softly, knowing really well I meant it.

"Silly, you deserved to be loved no matter which timeline you came from,"

My eyes widened hearing her words because this one really did surprised me. Her voice and the way she speaks was exactly the same as the voice I heard before, only the last sentence was different.

It was as if she knew something.

"Mama, that..."

"You better drink your tea before it turn cold" mother suddenly interrupted before she took a sip of her tea.

"You're going to the new year party?" I asked as Sky was hitting the woodman with his wooden sword.

"Nah, I'll probably become the embarrassment of my family," he said as he stopped hitting the woodman while wipe off his sweat.

"Why would you?" I asked. Hearing my question, he turned to look at me with a solemn face.

"..." no answer.

"Is it because you are a monkey who climbs a tree?"

"Hey, stop it! I told you to stop calling me monkey"

"But you act like one, troublemaker"

The way Sky reacted was as if the word 'troublemaker' really stabbed him, hard. He glared in return before scowled "At least I'm not as boring as you girls"

I chuckled. Well, it is true that the female among nobility is quite uninteresting compared to the male.

"You going to attend?" He asked.