Chapter 30: A Deal

For two whole months I didn't go to the Rozen's manor, and also for two whole months I keep receiving invitations like almost every day by the Rozen's household. It seems like Layle is very desperate to have me to meet her.

Although my heart refuses, my mind told the otherwise. If I don't solve this immediately, when will it stop? Even mother keeps pestering me to pay Layle a visit even once.

So I decided to finish this once and for all.

Because I already calmed myself, I no longer filled with that uncontrollable rage and hatred, thus now I could deduct the situation rationally. After taking a long time being in deep thought, I came to the conclusion that there's no need to fear the old past that already happened, but better thinking about the present which is the gift that was given to me.

Now I am ready to meet her again.

Sitting with my arms crossed over my chest, my icy blue eyes looked at the person before me attentively. That girl also returns the same gaze with no fear could be seen in her.

Even though I already regain most of my old memories, this is the first time I saw Layle being so brave and confident. The Layle I know would never look into my eyes with full of courage.  This proves that this person is not the Layle I know.

I didn't take the initiative to start the discussion. After a few moments of staring at each other, Layle sighed.

"So you expect me to start first, huh?"

"Well, aren't you the one who asks for this talk?"

"Okay let's get it straight. Because it sounds like you wouldn't trust me, then I will tell you everything to show that I trust you" she said before sitting up straight. "I am a person on earth, died, and suddenly woke up in this body a few months ago," said Layle seriously as she put her hand on her chest as if trying to convince me.

"This world is the world of the otome game I played called 'Kingdom Miracle'. A dating sim game for girls"

"You already told me that last time," I said cooly, wanting to stop hitting around the bush.

"Then which part you still don't understand?"

"Well although I fully understand, I still think it is ridiculous. Your story is a wholesome fantasy"

"And I thought you agree to listen to the whole story until the very end"

"I did. But first," I trailed off before leaning my body toward her "What is my character in this game you said?"

The intense atmosphere filled the room as she looked straight at me seriously. I could sense her annoyance for my dissatisfaction over the thing she claimed as fact. The fact in the game she told me last time.

"Annelestia Carnation De Diamax, the only daughter of Duke Diamax, the fianceé of the Crown Prince, a soon to be the Crown Princess and also the main villainess in Prince Bryan's route," she said slowly but with eyes full of honesty.

I smiled in grimaced. What she said was true, I am the villainess that will try to harm and harass Layle as I can as possible to the point I even tried to kill her.

"And what is your character, Miss Layle?" I asked, smiling sarcastically because I know this is all a joke to begin with.