Chapter 13: Meals with Diamax Family

One afternoon in Duke Diamax's mansion, a girl with silver hair swing her sword fast and keep attacking a brown haired young man who's a lot taller than her.

"Looks like you've improved" said the swordmaster of Cailon's House, Claude after the silver-haired girl stop her attacks and retreat for awhile. "You sword style is very unique, I wonder where did you learn it" without responding to his praise, Ann only wiped her sweat with the back of her hand.

Out of the blue, a black-haired boy attack unexpectedly from behind but Claude still managed to dodge it, making the boy fall flatly on the ground.

"It's bad young master, you must learn how to conceal your presence to do an attack like that"

Sky growled in dismay as Claude chuckled at his young master's behavior.

Claude Frexer, a 27 years old man who's very professional in swordsmanship. Despite being young, he has enough experiences and skills to gain the title 'Swordmaster', which the reasons why he's chosen to teach the skilled Ann and talented Sky.

After a long day 'battle' between Claude and his two students, the sky turned orange in colour, showing it's already late in afternoon. Sky and his teacher about to get ready to get back to Cailon's territory until a maid suddenly stopped them from putting back the practice sword into their places.

"Wait!" Said the maid in pant from running all the way there from the mansion. Sky and his teacher waited for the braided haired maid to calm down before she speak her intention of stopping them. "The mistress asked for both Young Master Cailon and his teacher to stay for dinner"

Ann who was there for the whole time wiping the sword with a cloth, could only blinked her eyes several times after hearing the maid's statement. Still wiping the sword until it shine, she looked at the maid to hear the conversation between them.

"It's already late. It's better for us to get back home now" said Sky before he put the sword back to its' place.

"Madame insist for you to stay only for today" said the maid in a more stern way, telling them that the Duchess Amelia of Diamax is indeed insisting.

Knowing that they shouldn't reject the kind offer, Sky accept it and assume that he will be back home late that day.

After taking a bath and wore fresh set of clothes, Sky and Claude went to the dining room, guided by a butler. Upon his arrival, he could see Ann in her emerald green dress already sat down on her seat before he took the seat next to her.

Sky looked at the person across him, a boy who look younger than himself, probably around Sonia's age glared intensively toward him while showing an obvious dislike. That boy was the only son of Duke Diamax, Felixion Seguieri De Diamax.

Sky then took a glance toward the woman who invited him for the dinner, Duchess Amelia as she flashed him a kind smile.

"Thank you for your kind offer, Duchess Diamax" said Sky politely as she nodded her head in response.

"My pleasure"

The refined woman wore a simple cyan dress with her snow white hair tied to the side. Her skin was porcelain and flawless while her crimson eyes shone like a Ruby.

Her appearance was beautiful, but people feared it. Sky wonder what kind of history that woman hold until other noble women seems uneasy around her.

Maybe she was too pretty?

"Good evening, your grace" greeted Sky as Duke William arrived and sat at the end of the table.

"Good evening, young master Cailon. How's your training?"

"It's good"

While eating, Sky talked to Duchess Amelia and Duke William most of the time. Only Ann truly enjoying the dinner.

'What's his problem?' Thought Sky as he secretly looked at Felix who had his obvious annoyed look pasted on his face. While Sky could only pretend not to notice it, it was obvious that the dislike look were directed toward him.

"Thank you for teaching my daughter, Sir Claude. I've yet to give you my gratitude" said Duke William to Claude who has been sitting next to Sky the whole time.

"It's my honour, your grace" said Claude as he bowed his head slightly. "I'm afraid that I'm not good enough for young miss because she's very talented"

"She is indeed talented" said Duke William proudly, knowing how good Annelestia is.

When both of them praised Ann, although she controlled her expression, inside she's smirking and had a big laugh. That proud feeling become even bigger when Felix turned his attention to her while giving her a glare sharper than the glare he gave Sky.

After the meal, it was already too late to go back. Although Sky and Claude wouldn't mind to travel late at night, Duchess Amelia insisted that they two should stay a night before go back tomorrow.

"Mama!" Said Ann while giving a disapprove look.

"What?"

"Tomorrow is the day"

"What's the matter"

Ann could only sigh in dismay as Sky couldn't grasp the meaning behind the conversation. What day is tomorrow? Someone going to come? A merchant? A designer? Sky could only guess.

Early in the morning, Sky about to head back to Cailon's mansion but Duchess Amelia insist that he should stay for breakfast.

"What are you doing, Amelia?" Asked Duke William with a frown when the children haven't arrive at the dining table. Duchess Amelias could only giggle.

"He looks like a mini you with black eyes" said Duchess Amelia while she squeal like a fangirl.

"It's that why you keep looking between me and him?" Asked Duke William in disbelief as Duchess Amelia nodded with a cute smile on her face.

When it couldn't be seen outright, for a person that had long know Duke William, Duchess Amelia immediately saw the similarities between her husband and that son of Marquees.

Both of them had dark hair. Although Duke William had a pair of icy blue eyes just like Ann's, his eyes shape were same like Sky's.

"Did you have a child with other woman?" Teased the snow haired woman. Before Duke William could answer, Ann, Sky and Felix enter the dining room, stopping Duke William from defending himself.

Duchess Amelia gesture Sky to sit across her, just beside Duke William. As Sky sat on the seat calmly, he could the excitement hidden in Duchess Amelia's eyes while the Duke beside him turned stiff.

"Pfft!"

Ann hold her laughter with a hand on her mouth as Felix had his eyes widened, just realised how his father and Sky looked a similar, as if he is his father's son.

"I don't want a new brother" said Felix all of the sudden, making Ann burst into laughter. Only Sky looked at them with a confused look, tilted his head at side a little.