Chapter 10: The Black Knight

A good day, a good weather, a good schedule, a good mood, a good permission, totally perfect! Going out from the mansion is one of the most exciting for a 10-year old girl like me who rarely goes to outside world. It's been a long time since I visited the town, if it were calculate including the past life, maybe around 27 years? I can barely remember how it looks like to be outside in this world.

We have most needs in our own mansion like foods, clothes, education. My parents doesn't see the need of us going outside except attending the tea party. If we need anything, we just need to ask for the servants to buy things outside or merchant to visit our house. Well, this way is very convenient for a busy man like my father.

"Rina, we're going there!" I turned around to face the personal maid of mine as my finger pointed toward a shop which was selling magic stones. Magic stones are common in Gemilia, thus the price comes low and affordable for most commoner.

"Miss, we could just walk at the town, but why must you go to a shabby marketplace like this?"

"It's not shabby, silly. They only sell in cheaper price. Plus, town have nothing new compared to the merchant who always visit our mansion"

"Young miss, you never been here. I'm afraid you may feel uncomfortable"

"Now now, I came here not as a noble" I sweep her off nonchalantly with a smile, but still doesn't convince her enough.

I understand that reaction, the reaction of a person who assume nobles hate to be compared with commoner. I don't know how she got that assumption, but from the memory that sometimes appear, I caught a glimpse that I may have bullied her. Something like degrading her position as if she's lower than human being?

I don't have most of my memories, but one thing for sure, Annelestia despise commoner. As a proud lady who's top of the top, commoner was just like pest to her. I assume before my reincarnation, I treated Rina badly.

But despite my rude behavior toward her, she doesn't seem to hold grudge on me. I grabbed this loving maid by hand while pulled her to the shop I mentioned before.

"Look! This one looks rare" I said to Rina as I showed her the pink coloured magic stone.

"It is indeed special, little girl" said a man who appear to be the seller. "That magic stone can grow flowers and trees into pink colour. Totally suitable for a cute girl like you"

'Err, too boring'

"Sorry, pink is not my favourite colour" I kindly decline his offer.

"B-but you could make a beautiful garden in your mansion. A good place for you to have... What is it called? Tea party?"

Mansion, huh? So he knew I'm a noble although I tried to disguise as commoner. No, the clothes I'm wearing now are more expensive than them. Probably they'll think I'm from a lower class of noble. For a seller, he has such a good eye.

"No, thank you" I gave him a polite smile before walked away.

"You don't believe in my words? I'll show you! Here is a- miss!" He suddenly seem panic the second he realised I already walked away.

"Miss!" I stopped my pace as he tried to grab me but luckily, Rina took a quick response by blocking the man's hand immediately.

"Who do you think you are to touch our young miss?" Said Rina with a stern look on her face. I wonder, who teach her that?

"I'm sorry! I don't know which noble house you come from but please buy that pink magic stone" he plead. I secretly glared that man coldly, seeing he's too desperate to impress a noble like me.