Chapter 18: Curiosity

By the time we got back, it was already evening. Mother and the maids were worried to death at the sight of blood on our clothes. During that time, I couldn't find any other better excuse than 'killing some rabbits'.

Judging by the terrified looks they gave us, I'm sure most of them think we kids are too cruel that we would torture innocent animals. But what they don't know is that the so called 'innocent' animals they thought are about to eat us alive if we don't do anything.

Sky and Bryan didn't went home straightaway. Because it's already too late, mother said it's better for them to stay over at night.

"Dear, bid his highness and Young Lord Cailon good night greet" said mother, reminding me my manner.

"They probably already asleep" I tried to give excuse. In fact, I don't want to see Bryan right now.

"They're your guests, Annelestia"

"But who told them to stay? Me?" suddenly I lost my cool while venting it out on mother.

She become quiet, making me dissapointed in myself. Why am I being so harsh and let emotion get better of me? I looked at her in guilt, knowing I was being too salty.

"I'm sorry" I said quietly, but she only gave me a smile in response.

"It's okay. Now go to sleep, I will tell them good nights from you"

My pout turned into a small smile before I gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you mother" I said as I looked into her red ruby eyes that shone like a real jewel. "Good night"

"Good night dear, have a sweet dream" she said gently while her delicate hand brush my silver hair.

I left to my bedroom before landed myself onto the bed. While facing the white bed canopy, I exhale a long sigh.

My mind remembered the flashback I had when we're in the woods. A few memories came out, including the memory about Bryan.

That guy never considered me more than his fiancée. To be specific, a representative of the duke family. He treat me with respect because of my status, and he's being nice to me because it was his responsibility. Those facts made him a... Stranger.

And it reminds me the cold fiancé that I had before.

I probably should move on and stop hoping that the relationship between us will be better than arranged-couple.

Third Person's POV

"Goodbye you two" said a silver haired girl as she bid her farewell to the blond and black haired boys. Sky mount onto his brown horse while the Crown prince step into his carriage.

"I wonder when will you bring your own horse?" Teased Sky, knowing how much Bryan was protected and needed his chauffeur to take care of him. Bryan only gave him his cold look as response before he enter the carriage.

Bryan turned to Ann for the last time before said, "Take care of yourself"

His words made Ann became speechless for a few seconds before she slowly nodded.

"Don't act recklessly, don't go to the woods without us" he continue. Ann only blinked in surprise, surprised with his unexpected concern.

Sky suddenly interrupted with his small whistle, making Ann and Bryan turned their attention toward him. Sky's smile widened into a grin.

"The prince is being a mom"

"Shut up" said both the girl and the boy in unison as they gave Sky an annoyed look.

Ann then looked at Bryan in the eyes as her rosy lips formed a small smile. "I will" she lied.

Of course she will go to the woods without them. If not, how she suppose to train her magic?

"Next time I will tell you about my magic"

"I'm looking forward to our next meeting" said Bryan before both he and Sky left the girl alone with her maids and servants, standing in front of the mansion.

"What class do I have today, Luke?" asked the girl to the butler standing beside her.

"Aurizt language and emboidery, young miss"

'Not that important' thought Ann. "Cancel those classes, I wish to rest and have break for a day"

"Yes, young miss" the butler called Luke bowed in respect to her before walked away to do as he told to.

"I'm going to play at the flower field alone, don't follow me" Ann turned toward her servants, but her words had send panic among themselves.

"But, young miss-"

"You cannot young miss"

"Please don't do that again!"

Ann raised her eyebrows in confusion upon hearing their reaction.
"I will be alright" she reassured them.

"No, young miss. Madame wouldn't let you be alone and do brutal activities like you done yesterday, neither do I" suddenly Rina bravely step forward to give her own opinion.

Rina had a determined look on her face, telling Ann that she won't change her mind.

Ann secretly pouting in the inside, she really wanted to see what lies beneath that cold and dark cave. Looks like she need another way.

"Then, I'll have my afternoon nap. I couldn't sleep well last night, huwaa" said Ann as she yawned. It's true that she couldn't sleep well last night, heck she even barely sleep. With so many things happened, her mind keep thinking without letting her doze off. If Ann can blame anything, she would blame Bryan and her own curiosity about the cave.

"Have a nice rest, young miss" said the other servants as they politely bowed toward her.

Ann's POV

I never know that afternoon nap would be such a very useful plan. I intend to have a quick sleep just for half an hour. Who would have thought I would sleep for the whole day. When I woke up in the middle of night, I couldn't even close my eyes. Looks like I don't need to worry about being sleepy this night.

"Urgh, I'm hungry" I mumbled as I went to the kitchen to grab some food. Luckily there are some dish left, including brioches. I don't know if the servants intentionally left the food for me or it's just some leftover. Well, whatever, as long as I can eat.

After I had my late-night meal and become full, I took the magic book and sneaked out like I did as always. The security around the mansion are quite tight, it took me a long time to escape them. As expected the guards from Diamax dukedom, even a first-class assassin like me had a hard time to sneak out without being caught.

"This evening is a little different than usual" said Mr. Magic Book when we arrive at the woods.

"Why? Because there's something strong here?" I ask excitedly.

Suddenly, the book escaped from my arm before float in the middle of the air with a faint flow surrounding him.

"Brat, do you know what it is? I suggest you to stop before anything bad happen. Strong creature are dangerous"

"Just a small peek, please?"

"Up to you, it's not like I don't warn you. I will be staying here to continue my slumber. Just activate your magic when you're done" said the magic book as he fly up to the tree. After he arrived at the branch, a bright glow shine before there's no indicate of flapping page. He has gone to his book mode.

It's not that hard to convince that book, I think he just don't care. Now, time for a new discovery!

A/N:
I haven't update for almost a month. Sorry everyone 〒_〒
And can anyone please tell me what's wrong with Kirito being one of the face claim?😂