Chapter 27: A sudden expose

In the middle of the night in the magical wood beside the Diamax's manor, colourful light can be seen flying around in the woods. Around a silver-haired little girl, a lot more light surrounding her, especially blue coloured light.

She clenched her hand before she opened her palm, revealing two small beautiful snowflakes. But who would have known that beautiful harmless-looking thing was actually a type of weapon with its sharp edges?

Ann quickly threw those snowflakes to nearby trees as that snowflakes functioning like hidden hand blade, buried onto the trees' trunks and all of a sudden, that part of wood frosts.

(Hidden hand blade or better known as 'Shuriken is a type of ninja's weapon that used to throw toward the enemy. You would know if you watched Naruto)

"You're one weird kid," said Mr Magic Book as he was flapping his cover. "You like to make weapons and attack-type of magic. Are you going to a fight?"

Ann looked at the magic book as she grinned. "I don't know, it was unconscious," she tells.

True, after years of working as an assassin, also a good fighter, using weapons and all methods of attack become a part of her.

After almost a year of practice, Ann not only mastered to form strong ice that can't be broken easily, she also can make it without casting a spell. Although casting and said it out loud makes the magic works, Ann wouldn't need such things. Her own will was already strong enough to make the magic works according to her wish. Not only that, but she also has enough endurance to use magic in a long time continuously.

"Brat-"

"I have a name" interrupted Ann quickly as she looked at the magic book. "What?"

"Don't be rude and interrupt your elder" using its edge, the magic book hit Ann's head with his hardcover. "I must say you're excellent"

With a huge smile on her face, Ann nodded with proudness and excitement. "And?"

"But it's still far from being a mage"

"Of course! I still need a lot of practice" said Ann confidently.

"No, you still don't know basic magic"

"Basic magic?" Ann raised one of her eyebrows. "Is there something more I need to learn?"

"With your magic right now, what can you do?"

"Form ice in any shape and shoot snow"

"Anna, I am a guider for mage student, not a beginner in magic. In this book form, I can't teach you the most basic magic spell, nor how you should wield your magic"

"But, I can manipulate the magic in my body!"

"It's the elemental magic you could manipulate. It's the one you supposedly learn after the basic magic"

Dumbfounded by that newly known fact, Ann's knees grew weak before she slumped down. She really wanted to learn more. Her excitement and determination couldn't be extinguished so easily.

"Can't you teach me?" Asked Ann, hoping it's not the end to her passion.

"No, you need to have real mage to teach you"

Ann looked down, knowing there's a limitation in everything. But she couldn't accept the limit she just reached, she needs something more. More out of bound.

Suddenly Ann thought of something, something she shouldn't have done but has to in order to achieve her dream.

Annelestia looked up at the flying magic book. "If I learn more, does that mean I am admitting myself to be a mage?"