Chapter 29: The White Haired Princess

(For a better understanding in this chapter, I recommend you to read chapter 13 and 20)

15 years ago...

The cloudless sky was painted deeply in morning dawn as the sun began to emerge from the east. A white-haired figure was standing in the middle of the golden paddy field while her body was facing the sunrise, mesmerising the probably last moment at that place.

Falling too deep in her very own monologue of thought, she didn't realise a young woman in servant robes was running toward her in haste. "Princess!" Called that person as she rushes as fast as she can toward that girl, afraid if the white-haired girl actually ruined her luxurious robes.

That girl with straight white hair quickly turned around to see the source of the voice, revealing a pair of bloody red eyes.

Snowlike long hair flew as it was blown by the wind, while she was illuminated by the sun behind her. With a doll-like flawless face and eyes that were shimmering as if it's a living ruby stone, even the prosperous paddy around her has highlighted her grand golden-red robes as she was adorned by various jewel on her hair and body.

Anyone who sees this scene will be dumbfounded and think if they are actually looking at a painting or a real human. And the maid was not an exception. She blinked her eyes a few times, still couldn't get used to that lady's extraordinary beauty. It takes a few seconds before she finally remembers her real intention.

The maid bowed to the girl before politely spoke out "Princess, it's finally time for preparation to go to the foreign kingdom"

Remembering again what day is that day, a sad expression formed on that girl's beautifully carved face. She still couldn't believe the fact that there will be a day like this. She looked at the morning sky in that country for the last time, trying to gain strength and courage.

Don't worry, this is the only way she will contribute to Fenghuang Empire, she thought.

"Let's go!"

To the maid, she beamed a cheerful smile that masking a variety of negative emotions hidden beneath it.

Although the journey that takes about a month has made that girl exhausted, her brain was never tired of thinking. Almost all the time, her mind never stops making new expectation, speculation, wishes and desires.

In the evening, she would look at the outside, thinking about how her life will turn out to be after she marries that foreign stranger she never meets. Continuously staring at the stars, she will secretly hope that she will receive the happiness that she thought she never deserves to have. Or at least, she hoped that she could get recognition from her future husband. Nevertheless, all those wishes were too luxury for her.

Every morning when she woke up in the tent, the moment she gains consciousness from her sleep, she will wonder what kind of road that lies in front of her that day?

Then in the afternoon, to ease the boredom for the long journey, she would peek through her carriage's window, seeing the new world for the first time with her very own eyes. After all, for her whole life, she never gets the chance to go outside of her palace, not to mention outside of the country.

And day after day, the moment when her excitement was on the peak is when she arrived at that foreign kingdom which only could be heard in the gossips among the maids. The kingdom of magic stones, the kingdom of the famous powerful witch, Gemilia. Her crimson eyes shone in enthusiasm as she looked around the unfamiliar surrounding.

Upon arriving at a big gate, dozens of odd-looking people stood there to welcome them. That girl slowly walks down from her carriage as she looked around, bewildered with the strange yet unique environment. It is her first experience of being in a different country.