❁ ten ❁

"Perfect, that's what he is, absolutely perfect."

"No one's perfect H," Niall, one of Harry's closest friends besides Kendall, says as they walk into their uni's football stadium.

There's a game tonight and they're playing against one of the better teams so Harry and Niall both decided they should go and watch. Harry's not the biggest sports fan because most times he finds it boring but he had nothing better to do tonight so he agreed to tag along.

"Yeah but he is."

"You're kind of obsessed, aren't you?" Niall asks as they get in line for the concessions.

"Maybe a little but it's pretty hard not to be. I mean have you seen him? He's gorgeous and his personality is just as good."

Harry waits for Niall to order his food before getting an answer. After everything is all paid for Niall turns around so that they can walk over to the bleachers.

"I don't really know. I've never seen him, plus I like girls so I don't think I'd be an accurate judge in this situation."

"You don't understand Niall, I'm going crazy," Harry says, following his friend to an empty seat.

"Well actually, believe it or not, I can see quite clearly, that that statement is very true."

"I just don't know what to do. Kendall suggested that I look for someone else to fill in Louis' nonexistent place, but there's no way I could just move on like that. No one is as good as him."

"How much do you even know about this guy? Like how do you know if he doesn't secretly have a bunch of baggage that he just hasn't shown you?"

Harry shrugs as he reaches over into Niall's popcorn and takes a few pieces. "Everyone has baggage, don't they? I think that's the whole point of a relationship, getting to know the person and accepting them for who they are, not turning them away because 'they're too much to handle.'"

Niall shrugs and pops another handful of popcorn into his mouth. "I guess," he says after half chewing. "I don't know mate, I don't really do all this relationship shit. I'm not the one you should be coming to for advice or anything."

"Yeah I know, sorry, I probably shouldn't keep bothering everyone about it, huh? I'm being a bit dramatic, aren't I?"

"A bit."

✿ ✿ ✿

"Go! Go! Go!," Niall shouts, standing up on the bleachers as the football game plays out. "Yes!" He yells again, clapping his hands very loudly when their school's team makes a goal, putting them in the lead.

"I just, I don't see the appeal in this. Like why are we all screaming?" Harry asks once Niall sits back down and quietly continues to watch.

Not taking his eyes off of the field, Niall responds, "Harry, you have to understand how the game works to enjoy it."

"I do understand."

"You don't mate, you really don't."

"Well fuck you, I'm going to get a drink."

So Harry gets up from his seat and makes his way to the stairs that separate the two sides of the bleachers apart. Usually the students that actually go to the school tend to sit on one side while the parents, and their kids if they have any, or former students coming to support their old team, sit on the other. It's kind of an unspoken rule.