❁ twenty two ❁

Harry feels like he's closer to Louis than ever. Sure, there's still the whole Eliot thing but...it doesn't feel as tense anymore. Even though Louis' still in denial, Harry thinks Louis' aware of it. Like Louis knows the truth but is just scared still, which Harry totally understands.

As long as Louis seems like he's going to try and get away from Eliot I'm the long run, Harry's not going to push him too much. Things like this take time and he still wants to be a good friend to Louis.

They haven't talked about it all too much in the past few days, and Harry thinks that maybe it's time to bring it up again. He thinks that Louis won't react badly to it because it seems that he really trusts him, but can never really be sure.

At first Louis thought that he wasn't actually there for him. That he didn't actually care or that he'd realize soon enough that he doesn't. At least that's what it felt like to Harry, but now, Louis seems to be warming up to the idea that Harry truly does want him in his life.

When he gets to the studio, Harry doesn't knock and just walks in. When Louis sees him come in he smiles.

"Hey," Louis says. "Guess what."

"Hm?" Harry hums, setting his bag on the table and looking to Louis with raised eyebrows.

"I got you you something," Louis turns around and reaches in his bag, pulling out M&M's.

Harry smiles and catches the candy when Louis tosses it to him. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, I figured you've gotten me so much stuff that I owe you. Also I wanted to," Louis adds.

Harry smiles and shakes his head before opening the candy and popping a few in his mouth. He did feel a bit guilty, but he wanted to set an example for Louis. To show him it's more than okay to accept gifts.

"Have you got your grade for the portrait back yet?" Harry asks.

"Yeah, I got an A."

"Nice! I knew you would."

"Thanks," Louis says sweetly, going over to the table that Harry's sat at and sitting next to him.

Harry looks to his side at Louis. "We need to talk about it," Harry says, not wanting to beat around the bush this time.

Louis' shoulders slump. "Why?"

"I just-are you going to leave him?" Harry asks.

Louis looks at Harry for second before putting his hand out. Harry gives a short laugh and gives Louis a few of his candies. Louis eats them and then slouches down in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I don't know. I've been with him for three years, Harry. That's a lot."

"I know. I know you care about him and I know that it's hard to let him go but you need to."

"I love him."

"I don't doubt it. Love is complicated, sometimes even the worst people manage to get to us," Harry says. He tries not to sound too serious, trying to come off as if it's just a normal conversation. He hopes it'll make Louis feel more comfortable.

"Yeah. You know, you're a lot more understanding than Lottie was. I still can't believe you guys are friends."

"She really looks up to you."

"She always has. I'm not sure why though."

"You seem a lot calmer about this than before," Harry says, happy that Louis' not getting mad at him.

"I just-I thought about it. I asked myself what I would do if it was one of my sisters and the answer is exactly what you are. I'm not mad at you, Harry. You're just being a good friend."