❁ nighteen ❁

"I say it's now or never. You guys are close, he trusts and respects you, what more can happen before the time is right?" Lottie says to Harry through the phone.

"I mean, I know you're right, but it's a lot harder said than done. I feel like just walking in and saying something isn't a good idea. Like I feel like I should just like let him know I know first," Harry says.

"Yeah, that's fine, do it how you want. You're the one that's actually talking to him. This is your choice. I'm just here to support you. At this point, you probably know him better than I do."

Harry's thankful that Lottie understands but he also knows she's right, how much longer is long enough? There's never going to be a 'right time' to do it. It's going to suck no matter how long he waits.

"Thanks. I don't even know what to say about it. Like this is just so messed up."

"Yeah it is. I feel for you."

"For me?"

"You love him-or at least care about him very very much, this isn't going to be easy for you. I get to sit on the sideline, I don't have to say anything to him. I respect you for doing this, Harry," Lottie tells him.

"Yeah...I just want it to be over."

✿ ✿ ✿

That after noon after his call with Lottie, Harry goes into the studio with a lot of anxiety. He knows he has to move on with this, he has to at least hint that he knows to Louis.

Harry meant what he said about not wanting to just do it out of no where. Yes, the plan is still to be persistent when he does say something, but at least Louis might see it coming and can somewhat prepare.

He figures that if the universe wants them together, things will go well, and if they don't, they just weren't meant to. Only, if he can't save Louis, Harry will never be able to let it go.

After his last class before going to see Louis, Harry stops at the vending machine and gets Louis sour patch kids and a drink. Harry gets himself something too because he knows it'll make Louis feel better about it.

After getting the stuff, Harry starts walking to the studio. He's excited for Louis to finish his portrait. Hopefully he gets a good grade on it.

"Hey," Harry says casually, tossing Louis' candy in front of him on the table he's sitting at. "I got you those."

"Why?"

"Louis."

"I know why, but say it again otherwise I'll feel bad about it. I mean I'll feel bad either way but I like hearing it so..."

"Because I like you very much and you're my friend who I really care about and want to do nice things for," Harry says happily, not upset at all that he gets to tell Louis this again and honestly really happy Louis wanted him to say it.

"Thank you."

"Oh, this too," Harry says, giving Louis the drink he didn't want to throw on the table like the bagged candy.

"I'm going to get you something next time."

"I do it because I want to, Louis. I don't expect anything back."