Human

I wake up and see it's still dark outside. I don't feel Jan's warmth in the bed anymore. He must have gone to see how training in the camp is going. 

As I approach the door I feel someone behind it. It's hard to explain but it's like I can sense them. "Who's there," I say nervously. The door opens and I am met with the sad grey eyes of Pickle. "Sorry to have disrupted you miss. I was ordered by master Jan to watch your room so that nothing harms you." Pickle says with a bowed head. I begin to walk past him but he stops me with his arms. "I'm sorry but I was also told not to let you leave this room." Pickle says his head still bowed. "Lift your head," I order and wait for his head to raise. He lifts his head and our eyes meet. I see his pupils constrict slightly at the meeting of my eyes. "Your barley human," Pickle says while peering into my eyes. Realizing that he has spoken off topic he looks away again and clears his throat. "Please return to bed." Pickle says sternly to me. I sigh and return inside the room. I take a seat on the bed and continue staring at him. "Maybe I should call you up a meal? Your eyes have changed colour." Pickle questions. To be honest I am feeling a little hungry. I nod my head and instantly he takes out a little walky-talky and begins to speak. "Please bring the mistress up something to eat." Instantly I hear the walky-talky make a muffled response. "Ye-er-yea" It must have been a ghoul responding back. 

Pickle turns and meets my gaze his pupils slightly constricting again. I've noticed every time he meets my gaze his pupils constrict. It kind of weirds me out and I don't even know why his eyes constrict the way they do. As I am taking the time to examine Pickle I hear something outside of the room. Pickle turns to look down the stairs from my room. A ghoul is sluggishly walking up the stairs with two bags. Pickle takes the bags and wavers for the ghoul to leave. As Pickle is about to close the door he realizes the ghoul is still standing there peering at me. "I said leave! Or else I'll kill you!" Pickle says in a rage his deathly aura filling to the room. The ghoul takes a step back but doesn't leave. I begin to get angry as well. I stand up and quickly burst past Pickle before he can stop me. I stare angerly at the ghoul and instantly the ghoul begins to retreat. The ghoul has fully left and I return back to the bed where I sit clenching my sore neck. My neck randomly started to burn. 

Pickle is staring at me stunned. I awkwardly move my body further into my bed. Pickle see my discomfort and his face returns to his usual blank face. Pickle shuts the door and rushes to my side where he opens the two bags. In one bag he pulls out a ziplock bag full of some messy, bloody, something and in the other bag he pulls out takeout from a burger restaurant. "Which one do you want?" He asks holding the bags in my sight of vision. I point towards the burger bag. He shakes his head and opens the messy blood bag. I can smell it and the scent is very strong. It's making me feel hot like my skin is burning. "Get that shit away from me!" I yell while crawling away into my bed. I take my blankets and hold them against my face. "You have to eat it. This is what you need." Pickle says with soft eyes but I can't, it's gross. That is someone... a human being! "I can't it's disgusting," I say tears welling up in my eyes. "Well, your body is saying something else." He softly says. He extends his hand out to me for me to take it. I take is and he sits down next to me. He takes a piece of flesh from the bag and holds it in front of him and me. As I'm about to pull away he grabs hold of me so that I can't. "It's okay. I'm here with you." He says while looking into my eyes. 

Just as I'm about to lick the flesh Jan busts through the door. His eyes are yellow and dilated.

"Pickle dick! Don't force her to eat that shit if she doesn't want to and don't cozy your little cock ass up to her either!" Jan furiously exclaims to Pickle. Pickle instantly retreats from me and moves to the far end of the room. Jan rushes to my side and grabs a burger out from the takeout bag. He hands me the burger and then turns his attention back to Pickle. "I'm sorry master Jan but if she doesn't start eating properly she will get sick." Pickle says with a bowed head. Jan looks stuck in thought as if he doesn't know how to respond. As he is thinking Pickle looks up and meets my gaze. I find him so weird. Why is he constantly staring at me? "Even so why the fuck where you still getting all close and friendly with her?" Jan says looking angry and demanding again. Pickle is quick to respond to Jan's demands. "Because master it is said that being understanding, calm and gentle towards someone makes them more comfortable."To be honest for a split second he was quite comforting and I did almost taste the flesh and he has been pretty understanding and patient with me. It seemed he could understand my feelings towards human flesh but I think if anyone understands my feelings here it's Jan and that's why Jan doesn't have to be so soft-spoken with me because he would never force me or try to delude me into doing something I don't want to do. 

Jan knows when I'm ready I can walk for myself. Jan knows I'm a sensitive person so he takes time with me and doesn't rush me into anything crazy. 

Sure maybe Jan isn't always good at being calm but he is gentle with me and maybe sometimes he lets his own emotions take over but I trust that he will never truly hurt me and if he does not intentionally because I know Jan loves me. 

Jan sighs and points at the door. Pickle gets the hint and takes his leave. Jan walks towards me and gently runs his hand down my head and to my shoulder. "How was that little cat nap?" Jan asks with his famous dopey smile. I chuckle a little because I love Jan's sudden mood change. "It would have been nicer had you stayed with me but I know my mans gotta work." I tease with a smirk. Jan gets really happy at my sudden mood change too and he joins me to eat burgers and fries on the bed. 

Jan and I joke and finish off the take out and then we cuddle and talk in bed for a while.

Times like these are so precious right now. Especially knowing Alucard could come anytime.

Times with Jan.