1. those rare green eyes

Haven

The droplets flowed heavily out of the sky, completely soaking my coat. The cool breeze hit my skin, probably decorating my cheeks with a rosy colour. My doubts from minutes ago weren't in vain. Wearing my red rain coat but freeze, or wearing my brown Corduroy coat, get wet but stay warm? Neither were practical in this case.

I sighed, it was whatever. The rain never failed to fascinate me for some reasons, and that took my slightly annoyed thoughts of being cold away.

Walking over to the immense building in front of me, I noticed that the words 'University of Bradford' were decorated cheerfully. Lightbulbs that were plugged around them were switched on as it was already dark, seeing it was Autumn, the clock just hit eight pm.

Once I reached the building, I looked up in amazement. It was so crowded, so immense. I hadn't thought many people would show up to this boring information lecture. Guess I was wrong.

I wanted to turn to the left to enter the building, but the girl beside me had the same plan, except she was rushing, successfully bumping against me. My brand new blue Herschel bag fell into a puddle, the girl's face paling.

"I'm so sorry," She gulped, picking up my bag that was probably dripping heavier than the rain that was bursting out of the clouds.

Shrugging, I gave her a smile. "It's okay. I was in the way," I chuckled, my cheeks heating up as I realised I had been staring at the building for a while.

"It's huge, isn't it?" She asked nervously, clearly still feeling bad about her previous action. "Anyway, I think it's starting, and I need to find my cousin. He's waiting for me. See you around," She nibbled on her bottom lip, turned around in a swift motion and rushed her way through the crowd of students.

"Oh! Okay.." I frowned, then shrugged, staring at her black hair that almost reached her waist. I stared at my own, brown, shoulder length hair, wondering why it seemed like it didn't grow after I had cut.

Finally entering the building, my eyes widened. It was even more crowded inside.

The windows were fogged due to the humid weather everyone brought inside, drops dripping down everyone's coats, dampened hair being shaken out. I was a little overwhelmed by the warmth, but recovered quickly, searching for an empty chair.

But before I could actually sit down, though, a guy stopped me, almost shoving a tray with drinks into my face. "Hi! Welcome to the University of Bradford." He smiled, a few blonde curls falling over his blue eyes. "Would you like something to drink?"

"Uhm," I chuckled, startled by his way too enthusiastic behaviour. "Sure, thank you."

He handed me a fuzzy looking drink, pointing at it. "Carbonated elder Flowerdrink, without the effect of watering eyes."

What?!

"Okay.." I hesitated, taking a sip.

"We experienced with our study; Chemistry." He stated proudly, a wide grin visible on his face.

I wanted to spit it out, but swallowed and faked a smile instead. Was this even safe to drink? "It's good," I said, actually liking the taste, though, my eyes still watered because of the bubbles.

The guy noticed and his face fell, "Oh," he said, shrugging. "Oh, well. Practice makes perfect, right? See you!" He was gone as fast as me shoving the drink underneath my chair, still hesitating if it was safe to drink or not.

I sat down on the uncomfortable, green colored chair, looking up when I recognized the voice from the girl that dropped my new bag into the puddle.

She whipped her long black hair to the right side of her head, raising her eyebrow at the guy that was sitting next to her. "Were you actually crying?" She asked, staring at the guy who was wearing a beanie, black, messy, hair peeking out at some places.