t h a n k y o u

Dear you,

Overwhelmed would be un understatement for the love I received for Bloom. Writing this story was challenging, difficult but brought me more than I'd ever think. I'm so thankful that I got to share all of this with you! And know that without you, I wouldn't be where I am right now!

So, all I want to say is THANK YOU! for giving my all-over-the-place, imaginative, complexed and random mind a chance. Giving my written words a chance, even when my Dutch- self doesn't always have the English grammar right. Reacting to my books, giving me feedback, giving me comments.

Zephaniah is my dearest character, and no other character of my own will ever change that. I loved writing about him, I loved daydreaming about him. I loved that you guys seemed to like him too. He's something else, special. I don't think I'll ever forget about him, how stupid that may sound. I'm definitely going to miss him.

Who knew that a story about a little boy with special needs and a dog would become something like this? Forever thankful. I could've never thought.

Overall, I hope this story brought something to you. It doesn't really matter what, but if it was something positive. I hope Zephaniah taught you things in some ways, or maybe Haven, or maybe even her brothers, or Zeph's parents. Maybe even Cooper. I hope it wasn't only entertainment.

You can grow. You will bloom. At your own time, in your own way. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. And remember, when you bloom, don't forget to show the world the beautiful petals you have grown. It would be a shame to keep it all for yourself.

Thank you.

And bloom, beautiful. Keep blooming.

All the love from me, to you.

💛
and a yellow heart, for my Zephaniah