11 first friday

Finally, the day I've been waiting for.

I picked out my best outfit, my favourite body mist and headed to the shower room.

Somehow seeing Sana once a week made me give it my all.

This was the one class we shared together and I would risk it all for that few exchanging of sentences with her.

I entered the hall facing the giant board but my eyes were already scanning for her.

There she was, talking to Mina.

Her back was facing me as I stared in awe.

Her hair reached right below her shoulders.

You must've gotten a haircut.

I smiled to myself.

Her pink shirt was baggy and tucked into her skinny yet somewhat baggy jeans.

I wanted to approach her and say hello, or at least walk past her and smile.

But I couldn't.

The extroverted Kim Dahyun suddenly turned into a quiet, awkward mice around her.

What's wrong with me?

Sana was different. I felt nervous about her.

Butterflies in my stomach.

I sighed in defeat.

As much as I wanted to see her smile, especially at me, or at least see her face,I couldn't bring myself to do so.

Stupid Dahyun.

I slumped down on a chair, the aisle right beside hers.

There was a gap, small steps separating us.

I picked up my phone, still upset at the opportunity I chose not to take.

I saw her turn to me from the corner of my eye, she stared for a few seconds, or maybe just one.

I refused to look into her eyes, as much as I wanted to make eye contact with her, I didn't want it to be weird.

Until she slowly walked to the end of her row towards the gap separating us.

I quickly looked back down.

"Hi!" She smiled as I raised my head.

I was already beaming.

"Hi,"

She chuckled.

The moment you spoke to me my nervousness somehow disappeared.

It was always like this, I would get nervous until we actually started talking.

I felt comfortable, I wanted to speak to you more.

"Pink, like a strawberry," I giggled as I pointed out her shirt.

"Yes, I picked it out because of you," She pat my head.

"Because of me?"

A sudden flashback appeared in my head, from last week.

The night she spent an hour talking to me during the future life project.

"You have a kind of vibe around you, you know?" I said with a slight smile.

"A vibe?" She chuckled.

"Mhm, like a... strawberry kind of vibe?" I continued and let out a short giggle.

"What?" She laughed even harder than before.

"Yeah, you're like a strawberry," I shrugged.

She was probably joking about picking the shirt because of me but it made me feel so warm inside.

As if I mattered a lot to her.

Even imagining her thinking about me was so nice.

"Oh," I giggled.

"Did you get enough rest after that week?" I wanted to continue the conversation, I knew if I didn't say anything it would end.

"Yes," She nodded.

"Do you usually sleep so late?" I asked recalling the night, she was reading around 1am.

"Yeah, around two in the morning usually," She shrugged.

"Wow,"

"Why do you look so shocked," She chuckled at my expression.

"I usually sleep at ten, wouldn't you be shocked as well?"

"Well, I guess,"

We both laughed.

"Sana!" I heard Mina call as Sana greeted me a goodbye,

And left...

What else could I expect? Her to stay with me?

I looked back down to my phone, bummed that our conversation was over.

I miss you already.