18 promise me

2nd Feb ' 18 Friday - Day 1

"Welcome! It would be a blatant lie to say I'm not surprised by the number of people present here! In previous years we barely surpassed fifteen. Now we have double the amount!" Jisoo clasped her hands together as she spoke excitedly.

She stood beside two girls and a guy, both seemed to be around her age, late twenties.

"First off, I would like to thank everyone for signing up! I'm Joohyun, your senior here, but I also go by the name Irene," One of the two girls spoke.

"Irene! You're beautiful!" A guy shouted from behind as Irene chuckled shyly.

Everyone could already tell Irene was the kind to be loved everywhere she went. Her looks are killer after all.

"Taehyung here, we have decided to take you all to bowling today, the bus is arriving soon so let's wait at the carpark," The guy beside Irene said.

I heard some girls softly squeal beside me.

Taehyung wasn't that bad looking either, but... I wasn't interested.

Everyone slowly walked to the carpark as small conversations filled the area.

"Woah, Taehyung is really hot, don't you think so?" Chaeyoung bumped me on the shoulder.

"Y-yeah, he is quite... good looking," I gave a nervous chuckle.

It has been like this my whole life, especially ever since I turned into a teenager, girls would continuously talk about "hot" guys they meet or see.

It's been years now but I'm still not comfortable with calling any guy hot. Or comfortable with conversations like these in general.

"What's this? You don't find him hot do you!" She jokingly inspected.

"Not really,"

"Well, he probably just doesn't suit your taste," Chaeyoung shrugged and skipped over to talk to Tzuyu.

I saw you walking alone.

It was my chance.

"Sana!" I jumped and held her shoulders.

No, we weren't close, but I was known for treating everyone like a close friend so this wasn't too out of the ordinary.

I decided to take advantage of what people assumed my personality was. Thanks to this I got to randomly speak to Sana without seeming odd.

Because I was Kim Dahyun, the outgoing, loud, obnoxious extrovert.

"Hey," She smiled.

"Aren't you excited? I'm so excited," By now we were already at the carpark.

"Actually I am, I've never had after school activities," She shrugged.

"You've never? How!"

"I just never signed up and it became like that,"

"Woah," My mouth was left open.

She lifted up her hand to touch my jaw.

She gently pushed it up so I would close my mouth.

It was fast but it felt like a century in my head.

Her touch was... magical?

It was then I decided, yet again, that I wanted this woman to be with me for the rest of my life.

"You,"

"Me? Why... all of a sudden," She chuckled at my randomness.

"Can you be with me for the rest of my life?" I stared at her eyes, squinting.

She seemed taken aback, then she let out a gentle giggle.

"Sure," I was on cloud nine, though I knew she didn't take it seriously.

Small plans for the future like this made us laugh and maybe feel close, but those same plans somehow made anything more than temporary between us seem impossible.

It was the first time I ever had the feeling of longing for someone I was still with.

"Keep your word okay?" I lifted my pinky.

"Or I'll miss you a lot," I unconsciously let out a sad sigh.

That's the worse way to miss somebody, when they're right next to you and you miss them anyway.

"All right," She let out a short giggle and stretched her pinky as well.

She hooked her pinky on mine.

"Bus is here!" Taehyung shouted, calling for the group of us to walk over.

Right before we could seal the promise by stamping our thumbs.

"Come on!" She unconsciously let go and grabbed my arm.

"Sana let's sit together!" I heard Mina call
from behind.

We were still too distant to sit together on a bus.

If we did it would probably be in a dream.

"Sure!" She ran off to Mina.

You didn't even say bye.

It hurt a little.

I sucked it up and got on the bus to find Chaeyoung.