33 parallels

Then it was breakfast.

First meal of the day, last meal with her.

"I'm going to get the peanut butter," I stood up.

I felt something follow me.

Someone to be exact.

"Sana?"

"I'm tagging along to make sure you don't spill it all over you again,"

you remembered.

-flashback-

"Need help?"

I smiled at her.

"It's alright,"

"Are you sure?" She chuckled when she saw me stuck.

"I know a way," I smirked as I squeezed the  plastic jar as hard as I could.

"Dahyun, you shouldn't do it li-,"

It popped open.

Chunks of peanut butter shot up and got onto my face and hands.

"Dahyun!" Sana exclaimed as she laughed.

end—

"See, the jar has no seal this time, I'm fine," I held the jar up, close enough for her to see.

"Okay," She nodded.

"Admit it," I looked up.

"You followed me here because you just couldn't stand being separated from me," I proudly declared, spreading the peanut butter on a slice of bread.

"Stop being silly," She laughed, closing the peanut butter jar for me.

Maybe I was being silly, but it did make sense to a certain extent. She did like me. I was sure.

Just not that way.

"Before we fully close the camp, I would like to invite everyone here to take a sheet of paper and write down the highlights of this camp," Irene pointed at a group of older kids holding stacks of paper.

So we queued up, took the paper, and everyone was spaced out.

I saw Sana sitting at the corner alone. I smiled and walked across the room to sit beside her.

"Well doesn't this scene look familiar," She chuckled.

It did.

-flashback-

"Dahyun are you okay?"

I looked up.

"I don't know," I stayed quiet.

"I'm sad," I looked up at her.

"But I want to laugh as well," a hopeless smile grew on my face but my eyes showed nothing but sadness.

She chuckled.

"It's probably just your lack of sleep," She sat down next to me.
end

"What are you writing as your highlights?" She asked, turning to my blank paper.

"Hmm... That we got matching phone stickers," I giggled, taking my phone out of my pocket to show her, as if she didn't have one of her own.

"That's cute," Sana pinched my cheek.

"You are cute," I reached out, a few centimetres away from pinching my cheek before pushing my hand away.

"Hey!" She warned.

——
Kim Dahyun's handwriting
Sana Minatozaki's handwriting
——
Kim Dahyun's Camp Highlights:

- Matching Phone Stickers With Sana
- Sana smiling at me as I write this
- Sana telling me to erase the previous point
- Sana rolling her eyes at me
- Sana trying to snatch th
- Making Sana laugh everyday
- Being Sana's cute friend
——

Soon enough, we were outside the bus, carrying our huge camp bags.

"This is really it, camp is really over," I sighed, leaning my head on Sana's shoulder.

"Don't miss me too much, kid," She pat my head in response.

We bid our goodbyes and that was it, or almost it. All I could do was hope she would exchange a few words with me on the next friday.

Hope that we could properly bid our goodbyes.

Hope that she would even possibly stay.

But things don't work like that.

She would leave despite how badly I didn't want her to.

I clutched the camp list in my hand, tears on the verge of falling as I read the list for the hundredth time.

Even with the feeling of loss engulfing me, I couldn't stop thinking about how adorable her handwriting was.