29 tents

"Dahyun!" Chaeyoung called putting, signalling for me to walk over.

I so badly didn't want to leave Sana's side, and I know it's selfish of me to be this way.

I had to at least make up for leaving her all this while.

I sighed, reluctantly walking over to Chaeyoung.

"Partner, let's share the tent together," She raised her hand, exitedly waiting for me to high-five her.

"I," What could I say? How could I say it?

And just then, as if the higher up had heard my prayer, Tzuyu came, calling for Chaeyoung.

Please go with Tzuyu. Please go with Tzuyu.

"Partne-," Tzuyu paused when she saw me beside Chaeyoung.

I mouthed an "It's okay," to Tzuyu, signalling her to continue asking Chaeyoung.

"Sorry, I'm sharing the tent with Dahyun!" She gave a small pout.

Oh the guilt.

But too little guilt to make me not find a way to share a tent with Sana. The guilt couldn't overpower how much I liked her.

Sana Minatozaki.

I would make it up to Chaeyoung. Somehow. Someday.

Sana on the other hand, seemed like she couldn't care less about whether she would share a tent with me or not.

Again, because I was pretty insignificant to her, compared to Mina and Seokjin and all her other friends that were actually her age.

I sighed, glancing one last time.

She was already talking to Mina.

This is where I belong anyway.

I didn't need to try hard, with the people on this side of the room.

———

Chaeyoung took the fabrics, I carried the poles, every now and then turning back to see if Sana was coming to the grass patch soon.

"Dahyun, C-Chaeyoung, you can take this spot," The instructor read our names off of our name tags as he pointed to the corner.

"How's Tzuyu and the others?" I asked.

"Tzuyu's nice, Jihyo's so funny! We got to know another girl too, her name is Songwan? Seungwan? She said she came from Canada!" Chaeyoung continued rambling on and on.

It was nice that she was making new friends.

"Hey, but I feel like we haven't talked much," She pointed to me.

"We we're together earlier today! In the bus! Did you forget already," I laughed.

"Okay, whatever, anyway, you have to meet Seungwan! I'll introduce you to her later! During lunch!" She said before quietly humming a song.

"Alright," I smiled, shaking my head at her silliness.

So we continued building and building.

"Let me do it," I heard a familiar voice say.

Sana was pitching a tent with Mina right in front of ours.

And the excitement I felt, oh the excitement I felt. The same excitement I felt when Sana signed up for the course, the same excitement I felt when Sana was in the same team with me.

I pretended not to notice, and continued conversing with Chaeyoung, about anything and everything.

"You all have worked hard building this! I would like to reward you all with a Camp Fire night! You can make your s'mores and whatever," Irene declared as the crowd cheered.

"Oh yes!" I shouted.

A little too loudly.

But I didn't regret it, because it made Sana turn around.

She shushed me, putting a finger on her lips while laughing.

Saying my heart fluttered would be an understatement.

"Now, please go for lunch! I want you to sit with your teams, you need to know them well for the games tomorrow!" Irene dismissed us all.

"Bye," Chaeyoung waved as she skipped towards her group mates, I assumed.

Slowly, I walked towards Sana.

"Teammate!" I put my hands on her shoulders for support and jumped, startling her.

"You scared me," She laughed, giving me a light whack on my arm.

"Do you know what's for lunch?" She asked.

I shook my head in return, linking my arms with hers.

I loved it like this.