14 sana and sea

[combined 2 chapters together, hence the 12 to 14 jump]

My heart skipped a beat.

"I won't fall!" I pouted as I stood up to look at her.

She was slightly taller than me so I had to slightly tilt my head upwards to make eye contact.

I don't know what got into me but I walked off.

I walked further and further knowing she would follow me.

Because I wanted her to follow me.

I wanted to be reassured that she'll always be behind me.

After dozens of steps I turned back.

She was standing there so beautifully with the orange sunlight on her face that was half hidden by the camera.

The camera that was pointing at me.

She was taking a photo of me.

I didn't want to bother her moment, so I carried on doing what I wanted.

I plucked out small plants that were growing in between those rocks.

"Dahyun!" I immediately turned to her when I heard her call.

The camera was no longer covering her face.

Her rosy cheeks and faint freckles could be seen so clearly under the sunlight,

Everything about that moment was so beautiful, I was tempted to snatch her camera and take a picture of her.

I walked a few steps back so I could get a good full frame, I must've been too focused on her.

"Ah!" I slipped on the algae covered rocks. I didn't have the time to hold onto anything.

Everything went by in the speed of light.

I only noticed I had fallen into the sea.

Not completely but enough for my whole lower body to get wet.

She ran over to me and slowly pulled me up.

"I told you! You didn't listen!" She sounded frustrated, annoyed, worried.

But I couldn't take it seriously, it was too... cute?

I burst out in laughter.

"Did you hit your head? What's so funny?" She asked as she removed the jacket that was tied around her waist and wrapped it around me.

Her scent was all over that jacket and I loved it..

So much.

It was a strong peach smell, mixed with a little bit of vanilla.

"Nothing, you're just... so cute," I chuckled, slowly calming down my laughter.

I grabbed both sides of her jacket and wrapped it even tighter around myself.

"Why are you not saying anything?" I glanced at her.

"What? Should I be honoured that a nineteen year old called me cute?" She laughed and she put her arm around me.

"I guess, you really are though," I shrugged.

My source of confidence was from the fact that she would never guess that I liked her.

It was too wild of an option, something that was too impossible.

Too unbelievable.

But the truth was that I did, a lot.

She never left my mind, not once.

"Okay, if you say so," She giggled as we walked back to the crowd.

I grabbed onto her arm as I stopped walking.

She looked at me without speaking giving a questioning expression.

"I don't want to go back, it's crowded and boring," I shook my head as I dragged her to the bench.

"I never thought I'd hear you say that. You're Kim Dahyun, you love crowds," I liked that she felt like she knew me.

"I don't love it all the time, sometimes I don't mind being quiet," I gave her a smile.

We both sat in silence staring at the sun set.

I don't know if busking in each others' presence was the right phrase.

Maybe it was just me busking in her presence.

Either way I loved it, I loved being with her.

"You won,"

"What?" I turned to look at her curiously.

"You're sitting out of the games with me now, you got what you wanted," She stated as a matter-of-fact-ly

"Or did you win? I think it's good sitting with me too, I'm a fun person to hang out with you know," I teased as she laughed in response.

I wanted time to stop forever like this, just me and Sana sitting together watching the sunset.

No other students, no Mina or Seokjin or Chaeyoung.

Just us.