Chapter 12

Love was in the air. Also the time to get some chocolates, cards, flowers, whatever happens on February 14. Valentine's Day. The day that reminds you if you're single or have someone to do something special for. Or to express your feelings to someone you want to be with.

Zelda was using her kitchen, using heart cookie cutters. She was making cookies for her friends. She did this for them just about every year during this time.

Her mind wandered if she should make something different for Link. Just thinking about him made her heart flutter. Zelda wanted to do a little more for him that day.

Zelda shook her head, getting rid of those embarrassing thoughts. Putting the cookies in the oven, she was debating in her head what to make for Link. And how she was going to present it.

On Valentine's Day, the school halls were decorated with paper red hearts. Red ribbons were hung on the wall, tied into a bow where it curved.

In their first class, Zelda had a bunch of goodie bags filled with cookies. Bundled up with it was a medium sized heart shaped box. Next to her, Kim gave her a smile. "So... Who's that for?"

Zelda started sweating nervously. "Uh... No one in particular."

Kim rolled her eyes in a playful way. "You don't have to hide it." She leaned close to her, whispering this in her ear. "It's for Link, huh?"

A blush appeared on Zelda's face. Kim was too smart for her own good. In response, she nodded. "...Yeah."

Kim smiled all giddy. "That's so cute!" She lowered her voice the next second. "So... When are you going to give it to him?"

Zelda looked over to Link who looked spaced out at his desk. Turning back to Kim, she shrugged. "Lunchtime, after school. I'm not sure yet."

"Do whatever works best for you."

Zelda gave her a smile. "You're right. Thank you."

It was the middle of the day already. Lunchtime. Zelda was passing out her goodie bags filled with homemade cookies.

Midna's eyes sparkled at the sight. "You're the best, Zelda!"

Zelda giggled. "Why thank you."

"Your cookies are always the best!" Lana said. "This isn't much, but here's a card." She started passing out her cards to each of her friends.

Zelda gave her a smile. "Thank you very much, Lana."

Mipha gave her a smile. "I apologize that I don't have anything to give in return."

Zelda smiled back. "It's alright, Mipha." Mipha had the look of relief on her face. Her smile turned a little sad, her eyes hovering towards Link. It seemed like she wanted to say something to him, but soon stopped herself.

Kim took a bite of the cookie. Her eyes widen at the first bite. "This taste like heaven."

Zelda smiled. "I'm glad you like them."

Finishing the cookie, Kim looked around the lunchroom with her eyes. "Hey Mipha, where's your brother?"

"He's mostly likely surrounded by a bunch of girls wanting to give him chocolates." Mipha responded.

"Figures. He is pretty popular with the ladies."

Groose was heading his way towards the table. He pushed a guy wearing all green. "Move it, nerd!" The guy fell to the ground, his food falling to the ground.

Mipha gasped at the sight. "Poor Tingle..."

Groose stopped near Zelda. He was holding a bouquet of flowers with a box of chocolates. "Zelda Harkinian. Will you be my valentine?"