Chapter seventeen

The duo ate breakfast in a hurry, Brennan had explained why they where in such a huge hurry to Piper while during their easy breakfast that consisted of small pancakes. Piper had been thrilled that Booth would accompany them today.

Brennan placed Piper on the edge if the bed and grabbed Pipers shorts that had been laid out before the shower. The little girl loved getting dressed. She had the cutest clothes, as she absolutely adored them. Brennan slid the light green tank top onto the child, it had a picture of a butterfly on it, Piper had picked it out herself.

Booth was due to arrive at 11:30 am and it was now pushing 10:45. Brennan walked the little girl to the couch in the lounge room to watcha little tv before they started on her new room, that was now painted and dry.

Booth smiled as he walked into the kitchen and glanced at the clock. 10:15 he had well over a hour to get ready but he couldn't wait until he was back at bones place. He enjoyed all the time he could get with bones and her foster daughter, and today he planned on spending the rest of the day with them. Even if he was working with them, any time he got with them was savored.

He made a quick bowl of cereal, ad went to get ready. In all the time he had to get ready he decided to go get into a jumpsuit and head out. He jumped in his car and headed to the nearest grocery store. His plans were to get Brennan some flowers to congratulate her while he purchased Piper a teddy bear that was holding a heart. He smiled at the different gifts that surrounded him in the store and though to hisself that one day he would be back to purchase another teddy for the sweet child.

He arrived at Brennan apartment at 11:23 exactly, he jumped out of his large SUV in a rush to see the two he so dearly treasured. He had yet told his other treasure, Parker, about the whole situation and planned on bringing him to meet Piper this weekend. He jumped into the elevator after waving hey to the doorman, he had the teddy bear in his left with his bones flowers in the other, he didn't exactly know if bones enjoyed flowers but he was sure to find out.

He knocked on the door startling the two inside engulfed in the tv, Brennan stood up taking Piper into her embrace full arms. she walked to the door and peeped through the small hole she smiled wide, seeing Booth holding a vase of flowers, and small teddy bear. She knew the teddy bear was for Piper, but didn't expect flowers for herself. She opened the door, making Piper realize who was on the other side.

"DADDY!" Piper unwrapped her arms from around her foster moms neck and threw them in the air. Booths face went blank. How would Brennan react to the small girl calling him daddy? Brennan's face was the mirror image of booths. How would booth react to Piper calling him daddy?

"Uhh hey sweetheart." He smiled at the little girl and handed her a bear, sending a stare at Brennan's still blank expression. The stare was telling Brennan they would talk later. "I got you a bear, do you like it?"

The little girls smile was unbearable. "I loves it daddy. Is dos for mommy?" booth glance fell back on Brennan's now smiling face.

"Yes those are for your mommy." he handed Brennan the flowers as she smelled them and smiled wider.

"Thank you booth they are perfect. Come in."

They had the bed already and placed by 1:00pm. Piper had gladly tested it out by taking her now a usual nap. At first she was hesitant to be alone in a new place at fear they wouldn't be there when she awoke. But with a few promises that wouldn't be broken, she finally agreed to sleep.

Brennan and booth sat down, they where going to discuss the situation that had happened earlier at the door.

"Booth, you know I think it's great that she sees you as a father figure. That is if your okay with it.. If you arnt, I can tell her to call you Booth."

Brennan cringed at thought of her having to tell her innocent child that she had to call Booth, well Booth.

"No no bones. I'm honored. Really, as long as your okay with it I am perfectly fine with Piper calling me daddy." He smiled as Brennan crib grew. She stood and paced the floor, Booth following close behind her.

"Are you sure, I mean we arnt together, yet. I don't w-" she was cut off by booths lips meeting hers.

When they broke the kiss which was a while, they were both out of breath and words. "bones, I want to give us a shot." he was stern, he meant it, he couldn't take no for a answer.

Her face grew with a bigger smile than before as she leaned in to kiss him, this time she kissing him first. She broke the kiss first, at the lost of breath. "I want this more than anything. We can give us a shot." She smiled and grabbed his hands. They were warm and a little sweaty.

"That's great, oh my god, I can't- this is amazing!" he kissed her again, this time making her lean against the countertop. The kiss broke a short time after, with both adults breathing deeply for some air.

"I've been waiting to do this for a long time."

This chapter was kind of short but I'm tired. And if I don't capitalize Booth in some parts it's because I'm typing fast and I don't catch it. Sorry!