Chapter Twenty

Upstairs, Parmer woke to the feel of hands caressing his back. He moaned his approval, feeling his shaft engorge immediately. "I'll give you a day to cease that." He sighed without opening his eyes. Rin chuckled softly.

"It was wonderful to wake and find you still in my arms." She whispered tenderly. "Although I'm tempted to take advantage of your body, we were supposed to be discussing plans for your mother."

"Tempt away, sweetness." Parmer breathed. "I know which I'd prefer to do."

"I'll continue, providing we have something to present later."

"Hmm...other than a potential round belly?" Parmer muttered.

"Exactly." Rin said, nibbling his ear.

"I'll give you a further day to stop doing that too." Parmer smiled.

Rin moved a hand to his buttocks and he groaned, his awakened shaft aching already. "And a lifetime to cease that."

"Plenty of time then." Rin giggled. "I'd like to wear something pale and flowing, with tiny white flowers in my hair."

"Your white or Sayrah's white?" Parmer sighed, savouring her caress.

"Mine." Rin smiled.

"Sounds wonderful. I'd choose the Sanctum, because you make me feel I'm already there."

Her hands stilled. "The Sanctum? Is that up the mountains?"

"Don't stop, sweetness. Yes, the Sanctum in the mountains. My father said he'd carry you there personally if he could, if it would make me as happy as he has been."

"The Gateway to Paradise?" Rin named the remote temple high in the crags, her hands resuming the caress.

"Exactly. You are worth every step. Perhaps we could have a private ceremony there, followed by a blessing in the Sanctuary after, for the city. That would please everyone. It would be a perfect place for dark skin in a flowing white gown and white flowers in flaming red hair. Wonderful, even." He sighed heavily, pressing his hips into hers. "Wrong thoughts..."

"That good, eh?" Rin chuckled, running her hands down his sides. He shivered. Her thumbs travelled down the 'V' of his torso and all coherent thought melted from his mind. He swiftly buried himself inside her, his primitive impulses overriding caution. Rin surrendered willingly, opening her body to him. His strokes were long and deep, forceful and quick, bringing them both rapidly to an explosive, and noisy, peak. Rin linked her ankles behind his back as he sank down on his elbows, panting. Her breathing matched his as they calmed, sharing tender kisses.

"Yes, that good." Parmer finally answered, shifting his weight on to one elbow to unglue her damp hair from her face. "The anticipation will kill me, but that's what we'll have. As long as you're happy, you can have the most perfect day. I'll start practising my knots."

"Blue skins." Rin blurted.

"Blue skins." Parmer repeated. "For your eternity band?"

"Yes, as it was Blue who made this possible."

"Green too? For Seafoam?"

Rin smiled adoringly up at her lover, the possible future Principal, and the man who had promised to wed her. "Knot away, handsome, knot away." She whispered, linking her arms around his neck.

An unbelievable surge of emotion powered through him at her words. It was an exceptional privilege and honour to be trusted to make an eternity band that his wife would wear for the rest of her life. He would not just complete the final knot, but the whole thing, and would be responsible for repairing any breaks during his lifetime. A good eternity band could last several years before it needed attention; a band that needed little repair was a sign of an excellent match. Parmer resolved to make a perfect band in the colours she suggested.