Temporary Block↬ 17

Preview

❛ Uh, do you want to," Todoroki was fiddling with his thumbs. "Go on a date or something?" ❜

The tension in the room was pretty obvious, neither Todoroki nor Kaminari knew what to say

"Uh," Kaminari finally spoke. "You want some tea?"

"Sure."

Again, it was silent. The sound of water boiling and cabinets opening and closing filled the apartment.

"So," Kaminari started, coming back with two mugs and a tea pot on a tray. He placed said tray on the table and sat opposite Todoroki. "You, uh, like like me?"

"Yeah," Todoroki admitted, taking one mug and taking a small sip from it. Honey and lemon tea, maybe? "I just, it didn't feel right not telling you. But I don't want this to change our relationship in any way because I know you don't feel the same and all."

"Shouto," Kaminari's expression softened into a sheepish smile. "I do like you, like, like like you." Kaminari was sure his cheeks were a bright red at that point. "This is all just so sudden, you know? I didn't really have time to react." Kaminari let out a light chuckle.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that," Todoroki apologised, rubbing a finger along the rim of the mug.

Kaminari hummed, blowing at his drink before taking a sip from his mug. "So, now that we know we like like each other, what do we do now?"

"I don't know," Todoroki admitted. "I didn't think I'd get this far."

"Pfffft," Kaminari laughed, covering his mouth to try and muffle his laughter.

"Hey, it isn't that funny!" Todoroki cried, feeling his cheeks burn up. Why did he get embarrassed so easily?

"You're right," Kaminari giggled, trying to calm himself. "Anyways, what do you want to do now?"

"Uh, do you want to," Todoroki was fiddling with his thumbs. "Go on a date or something?"

"Sure," Kaminari replied. "I don't have work tomorrow anyways."

"I have classes in the morning," Todoroki said. "So do you want to meet up at around two?"

"Yeah, sure." Kaminari smiled, chugging down the rest of his drink. "I'm gonna get to bed, you can stay longer if you want." Kaminari stood up, picking his mug up to wash it.

"No, I gotta get some sleep too," Todoroki said, picking up the tray with his mug and the tea pot on it. "I don't mind washing up though."

"It's fine," Kaminari mumbled, taking tray away from Todoroki. "I like washing up to be honest."

"Pfft, you're weird." Todoroki laughed.

"You seem a little happier today," Jirou commented as the teacher ended the lecture. "Something happen yesterday?"