Temporary Block↬ 21

Preview

❛ OOF no preview, sorry mate ❜

Kaminari's eyes fluttered open, taking in the sight of his bedroom

Kaminari's eyes fluttered open, taking in the sight of his bedroom. He didn't want to get up. He couldn't think of many reasons to get out of bed. Todoroki would be at the university that day to study for a test the next day, and it wasn't like his own aunt would fire him for missing one day.

"You don't want to make her worry," he reminded himself, pulling himself in a sitting up position. "She's done so much for you."

Kaminari let out an empty sigh, draping his legs over the side of the bed. His feet touched the cold floor, surprising the blonde a little.

Kaminari slipped into the bathroom and stared at himself in the mirror. His eyes glazed over his face then down to his chest. A tight feeling in his chest grew. Everything's bout him was wrong. Not only that, but was ugly. Frustration boiled in the pit of his stomach as a wave of complete and overwhelming disappointment washed over him.

What was he even doing?

The blonde slipped into the shower, stripping down, and just allowed the hug water to wash over him. He really wished Todoroki was there.

"Denki, you're late, did something happen?" Kaminari's aunt rushed over to said blonde and pulled him into a hug, her eyes filled with worry.

"Nothing happened," Kaminari laughed, lightly pushing his aunt off of him.

His aunt's expression seemed to soften as a light sigh escaped her mouth. "That's good."

"Oh!" His aunt brightened up. "We have someone new joining us today."

"Really?" Kaminari asked. It had previously been only him, a guy name Monoma who worked in the kitchen with his aunt and another girl called Tsuyu who was waiting tables as well, so it was great someone else had joined the team.

"You were best friends! Shinsou dear, come say hello!" His aunt called out behind her. Not a moment later a man, around the same height as Todoroki had walked in. He had royal purple hair that stuck out in different directions and large bags under his eyes.

Kaminari felt his entire world fall apart.

"You remember my son Shinsou, right?" Kaminari's aunt asked, a warm smile on her face. She had no idea what Shinsou had done to Kaminari.

"Come on mum, he probably wouldn't remember me! We were so young after all, plus it's not like he could remember me," Shinsou laughed, throwing a smile towards at the blonde as he finished the last part. A stab to Kaminari's chest.

Kaminari felt his stomach sink. Shinsou Hitoshi, got the last name from his father, was Kaminari's first tormentor.

"Ah, no, I do remember you Shinsou," Kaminari replied, his voice trembling a little. "I'm not as stupid as I used to be."

"Hahah. I doubt that," Shinsou replied in a joking manner, playing it off to his mum as a joke.

"Awh, I'll leave you two to catch up," — Kaminari's aunt turned towards Kaminari — "Please show Hitoshi around, Denki dear."

"Uhm, yeah," Kaminari waved as he watched his aunt leave the room. He wish he had stayed home.

"So," Shinsou started, making Kaminari's head whiz around. He had a mocking smile. "Lemme guess, you're mooching off my mum?"

"Excuse me?" Kaminari asked, trying to sound more brave than he felt. It was like a goat facing off a lion — spoiler alert, Kaminari's the goat.

"It's alright, I get it," Shinsou shrugged, casually poking over to the clock. "You can't afford that shit because you're stupid. You don't have to be ashamed."

Kaminari tried to respond, but sounded less strong than he'd liked. "I'm just taking a gap year. To sort shit out."

"Whatever Denny," — Kaminari cringed at his childhood nickname — "you're still the stupid little girl I remember. Anyways, I'm gonna go meet the chef or something. I feel sick just standing around some boy wannabe for too long. Later."

Shinsou walked past Kaminari, throwing the blonde a satisfied smirk.

The blonde stood in place, tiny tears stinging his eyes. 'Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry,' Kaminari told himself, taking deep breaths. He wasn't even going to try and think about the huge wave of gender dysphoria that overwhelmed him at that moment.

The blonde held a hand to his mouth and rushed to the bathroom, locking the door behind and.

Kaminari leaned over the toilet bowl and puked.

"I'm so pathetic." Kaminari laughed dryly, flushing the toilet. He washed his hands and face, unaware of how much he had been trembling.

He felt a sudden vibration in his pocket.

Fishing out the object the vibration had been emitted from ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) he noticed he was getting a call from Todoroki on his phone.

"Hey, is something wrong?" Kaminari asked through the phone. Once he heard Todoroki's voice he started to feel better.

"Not really, just wanted to hear you're voice," Todoroki replied back. "Why? Can't I call you without any reason except just wanting to talk?"

"Yes," Kaminari replied, chuckling lightly. There was short silence. "Hey, how's the studying going?"

"Mmmm? The studying?" Todoroki asked, sounding thoughtful. "It's been interesting. What about work?"

"Work's been great," Kaminari lied, not wanting to worry his boyfriend. "A little tired though. Anyways, what do you mean by 'interesting'?"

"Oh well," Todoroki went on to say how Bakugou started an argument about how something worked and something something. To be honest, Kaminari didn't pay much attention to what Todoroki was saying, but how he'd say it. He seemed to happy and carefree and everything Kaminari wasn't feeling at that moment; though hearing his boyfriend's voice helped him a lot.

"What do you think?" Todoroki asked, expecting a reply. Kaminari said the first thing that came to mind which was, "I think I'd rather be with you then here."

"As much as I'd love that, you'd be a huge distraction. Besides, you wouldn't understand the materials anyways." Todoroki joked. Although the blonde knew it was a lighthearted comment, he couldn't help but feel a little attacked. Yeah, maybe Shinsou was right about him not being smart and all, but he didn't need to hear it from his own boyfriend. Kaminari just laughed along.

"You're right," Kaminari admitted, somewhat losing his composure. "Hey, I need to go right now, a huge birthday party just showed up. Call you later?" Kaminari was lying.

"Yeah, of course," Todoroki said, seemingly a little distracted.

Kaminari felt a tight squeeze in his heart. "Love you, bye."

"Love you too," Todoroki replied, followed by a bye before the blonde hung up.

'Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.'

"Stop crying." Kaminari hissed at himself, his shoulders shaking. He felt so fucking pathetic.